Cita help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unchstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took CITA last week.......Does anyone know anyone that has failed the operative section and NOT found out the day of exam, but through the mail? I made it through the exam without a failure, but I know there was a question about my composite restoration. I've heard you pretty much know whether you pass or fail operative that day, but I was just curious if anyone knew anyone that failed operative without knowing the day of the exam. Thanks! CITA SUCKS

Members don't see this ad.

I took it with you in Chapel Hill. I've never heard of it but I'm sure it happens. If you get a zero in any category then you automatically fail and they only tell the day of the big ones...like remaining caries/fractured amalgam. You can show poor clinical judgment that alters the longevity of the restoration but they will still allow you to fill it.

What was the deal with your restoration? I was so stressed out all last week.

Are you a UNC student? This was the last exam at Chapel Hill for the year.....has CITA ever created another one to accomodate students who failed the April exam?

Hi! So I've heard that if you have any critical error they will tell you the day of. I'm not really sure what was wrong with my restoration, my patient just came back and said she had 4 graders look at it. The CFE said that was likely because there was a disagreement in grading. In my opinion if they found any "0" or critical errors they should have told me then and told the patient she would need to have it replaced. I'm hoping they just decided to give me a 3 and not a critical error. Do you think this is the case? I totally understand your stress....and 2 weeks is going to be LONG!

Yes, I'm actually a UNC student. And I've never heard of them having another one at UNC after April. That would be nice though. The next opportunity to take CITA is in Alabama in June and then in August. I think it is in Mississipi in May too. How do you think the exam went?

Hi! So I've heard that if you have any critical error they will tell you the day of. I'm not really sure what was wrong with my restoration, my patient just came back and said she had 4 graders look at it. The CFE said that was likely because there was a disagreement in grading. In my opinion if they found any "0" or critical errors they should have told me then and told the patient she would need to have it replaced. I'm hoping they just decided to give me a 3 and not a critical error. Do you think this is the case? I totally understand your stress....and 2 weeks is going to be LONG!

Yes, I'm actually a UNC student. And I've never heard of them having another one at UNC after April. That would be nice though. The next opportunity to take CITA is in Alabama in June and then in August. I think it is in Mississipi in May too. How do you think the exam went?

I think you are right with the critical errors being called out the day of...but critical deficiencies are another story. I think that someone could have a coraberated critical deficiency and not be notified the day of because the treatment was adequate but the longevity of the restoration was severly lessoned.

My guess is that you are fine. In the manual it says that if each grader gives a unique grade then they will call in a fourth grader to get a majority vote. So I think that you are fine.

My exam went smoothly. All my patients and backups showed up early. My lesions were accepted. I finished the restorative a half hour early and about 10 minutes early on the perio. One of my patients spend 50 min. back in the grading area one time. That sucked. But i'm hopeful. I definetly don't want to take it again in another state....so here is to hoping I'm done! Congrats.