Citing Submitted (but not yet accepted) Abstracts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regeneration

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When listing in my secondaries an abstract that I have submitted for a conference, should I say that the abstract is "in review" as I would for a submitted manuscript? Or would it make more sense to say "Submitted to ABC Conference"? The abstract is very likely to pass screening based on previous experience, but it's not a sure thing.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When listing in my secondaries an abstract that I have submitted for a conference, should I say that the abstract is "in review" as I would for a submitted manuscript? Or would it make more sense to say "Submitted to ABC Conference"? The abstract is very likely to pass screening based on previous experience, but it's not a sure thing.

Thanks.

I don't think anyone is going to mark it against you either way, it's just semantics. I would personally say "submitted" but that is a matter of preference. Most people are going to be familiar with the abstract submission process.

Thanks.

I'd just say submitted to X conference. If anyone reading your app doesn't understand, they shouldn't be on an admissions committee haha.