hazl0004

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have been on a civilian deferment for the last three years and now am going active duty to fulfill my HPSP obligation. Do I need my orders signed by the closest Navy facility prior to going to my active duty station or can I just show up with unsigned orders.

NavyFP

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Manning a Cubicle
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have been on a civilian deferment for the last three years and now am going active duty to fulfill my HPSP obligation. Do I need my orders signed by the closest Navy facility prior to going to my active duty station or can I just show up with unsigned orders.

Technically, they are signed. Usually by the Commander, Personnel Command. It is an electronic signature.

When I came on Active Duty, I took my orders to the Rental Office to use the military clause to end my lease early. They wanted an actual signature and the local recruiting office (or you could use a Reserve Center) was happy to provide an endorsement.

hazl0004

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Technically, they are signed. Usually by the Commander, Personnel Command. It is an electronic signature.

When I came on Active Duty, I took my orders to the Rental Office to use the military clause to end my lease early. They wanted an actual signature and the local recruiting office (or you could use a Reserve Center) was happy to provide an endorsement.

Thanks for the help.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.