CK advice, IMG what resources to use and how long to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disappointeddreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am an IMG. Recently finished Step 1. And CS.

I hoping to score over 250 on CK. I am assuming that if I take an nbme today I will probably score 0. What resources should I absolutely use, and how long would it take me to get to that score. Hoping to apply for the match this year.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The absolute material I would suggest is Uworld. Books or videos is up to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Popular resources include MTB2/3, UW, SUTM, OME, Secrets and FA. There's a lot of overlap with STEP 1 from what I can tell so probably higher than a 0.

Not an IMG, but I would say UWorld, the UWorld SIM Forms, and ALL the NBME Self Assessments are the absolute musts. The best way to assess how far you are from a 250 is to take a practice test ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
The absolute material I would suggest is Uworld. Books or videos is up to you.
Popular resources include MTB2/3, UW, SUTM, OME, Secrets and FA. There's a lot of overlap with STEP 1 from what I can tell so probably higher than a 0.

Haha yeah it's probably not a 0, but I doubt that I would have a passing score. But my main question how long would it take an avg person to get from a low score to 250. 3 months? 6 months?

I want to set a realistic time frame for myself. I didn't do that for step 1 and it really messed me up. I just want to avoid making the same mistake again.

Haha yeah it's probably not a 0, but I doubt that I would have a passing score. But my main question how long would it take an avg person to get from a low score to 250. 3 months? 6 months?

I want to set a realistic time frame for myself. I didn't do that for step 1 and it really messed me up. I just want to avoid making the same mistake again.
How much time has it been since you gave your step 1?

Hi guys, I am new to SDN , I am an old img and score 220 on step 1.I want to score high on CK .Please guide me which resources to use and what are my chances of getting residency?

I always recommend UWorld and NBME self assessments, but everything else will depend on you as a learner and test taker! Feel free to PM me if you want more specific advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I just finished Step 1 and got my results; 237 I was hoping for a better score but guess the nerves got the best of me. I'm starting to gather my things to start studying for step ck after a 2 month break after step1.I am an US-IMG, I used for step 1 Kaplan notes + videos and also did Pathoma and Uworld. Ive been trying to look for step 2 ck and I cant find any info. I need to get a higher score for step 2 CK since I want Internal Medicine. Any advice on resources and what to use to study and length of studying?

IMO, UWorld + NBME Clinical Science Self Assessments is all you need. I've never touched any Kaplan resources.
Hello,
I just finished Step 1 and got my results; 237 I was hoping for a better score but guess the nerves got the best of me. I'm starting to gather my things to start studying for step ck after a 2 month break after step1.I am an US-IMG, I used for step 1 Kaplan notes + videos and also did Pathoma and Uworld. Ive been trying to look for step 2 ck and I cant find any info. I need to get a higher score for step 2 CK since I want Internal Medicine. Any advice on resources and what to use to study and length of studying?