claiming the HPSP scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bis-GMA111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I've been awarded the HPSP scholarship, and I was wondering how long I have to claim the scholarship...like a deadline of some sort that I have to decide by?. I was given different answers from different recruiters at my recruiting station so I was just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Were you working with 1 specific recruiter the whole time? I'd trust their answer. I would say you should decide as soon as possible, ideally you already knew you wanted it when you applied. When I did the AF I only worked with one guy so I'm unfamiliar with how you're working with multiple people. Anyone else with the Army know the "deadline" for this?

I would have mentioned to at least one of them that ppl are telling you different dates. However, the person who informed you about being selected probably knows for sure.

when did you find out you were chosen?

Members don't see this ad :)
What?..

You're saying that you received the HPSP and you haven't given an acceptance letter?

I thought you can't even finish applying without a letter.

I wonder if there is going to be a lot of movement then. I mean... a decent GPA and dat doesn't always secure an acceptance. They may hand out scholarships to people who never get an acceptance. IMO they should always show preference towards those with acceptances.

This is true

anyone on here this year apply and get denied for the scholarship?

My army HPSP packet was sent in last month and I got picked up (yay :D) but there's someone who sent in his packet at the same time as me from same recruiter and he has not heard anything back yet. I dunno if that means he's silently rejected or just waiting to be re-reviewed though...

And OP, how did you receive the scholarship if you haven't received any acceptance letter yet? I was told by numerous recruiters that the acceptance letter is a vital part of the whole application packet.

Last edited:
I wish I had known about this. I wasn't even looked at until I provided an acceptance letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.