class code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GTchick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody have a guess as to what class code I would use for a bioinformatics and genomics class? I looked under both biology and computer science stuff and found nothing that really sounded anything like my class.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you sure have a problem...there is no exact match. Well, I guess I would put it under Molecular Biology, because if I am not mistaken, isn't bioinformatics primarily used for genetic/molecular bio-data? The dental schools will have your transcripts, so they can always see what exact course it is. Or, I would just call one of the dental schools and ask someone there.

AADSAS should definitely add this course to their list for next year, since bioinformatics is becoming so popular now.

Thanks,
molecular biology sounds good to me. My course was a lot of computer work but it doesn't fit into any of the computer courses at all so I will stick it in the biology category.

Members don't see this ad :)
Working on the application!

I spent a term at an unacreddited religous institution. The school is not on the list so I assume I DO NOT include it? Do I still need the transcript sent to the AADSAS. I will have a semester "lapse" if I don't.

ALSO:
Economics is not on the list!? Seems like a basic business class but I can't find it on the list. Code 0601 (Business & Management) or 0701 (Business & Office)

I took a course called
Biology of AIDS--where would that be put?
also, I took another course called
"Topics in Biomedical Resarch" any idea what code to use?? Would it be under "other biology?"

when in doubt call AADSAS...

Extention (such as UCLA or Cal) are also not on the list...but you can and should include them...
so when in doubt just call... it won't hurt to spend 2 more seconds on your application :)

Datmatt,

When you find out about economics let me know. I forgot I even took that class. I guess I should print out a copy of my transcript because my memory is shot for the rest of the summer.