Class in Molecular Orbital Theory or Metal Complexation (Bio-Inorganic )

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmundtheGreen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2006
Status
I am about to finish a one year degree in organic chemistry and am planning on going to medical school in about a year or two. I already have an undergrad in chem but it is so long ago that I honestly dont recall most of the concepts from Gen Chem.

Next semester I have one slot left in my schedule and I can take a class either in Molecular Orbital Theory or a Bio-Inorganic class on Metal Complexation. Which do you think more applies to the MCAT materials ?

OP
SigmundtheGreen

SigmundtheGreen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2006
Status
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
neither... if you're studying those you know more Gen Chem than you think
I honestly dont. But if you seriously study MO you do end up learning a lot of Gen Chem basics.

About the Ads
OP
SigmundtheGreen

SigmundtheGreen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2006
Status
taylormade44 said:
I agree, but i think that bio-inorganic coordination compound class sounds interesting...at least to me, thats what im writing my senior thesis on
Seriously ? What is your exact topic ?

xanthomondo

nom nom nom
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
the island of Doctor Moreau
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SigmundtheGreen said:
I honestly dont. But if you seriously study MO you do end up learning a lot of Gen Chem basics.
theres no way youre gonna get all ur gen chem basics from 1 course

gen chem is just a preview of all the chems to come....pchem, orgo, analytical, inorganic....

just study the gen chem concepts on ur own they should come back to you in no time

OP
SigmundtheGreen

SigmundtheGreen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2006
Status
taylormade44 said:
theres no way youre gonna get all ur gen chem basics from 1 course

gen chem is just a preview of all the chems to come....pchem, orgo, analytical, inorganic....

just study the gen chem concepts on ur own they should come back to you in no time
True......

I just want to know if MO is on the MCAT really. It is not listed on the subject list on the MCAT web site but I just cant believe it isnt on the exam. Maybe they considering it part of the bonding topics. It really is a far better way to see chemistry than valence bond theory which doesnt explain very much.

I cant seem to get a real answer on this topic anywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads