Class in Molecular Orbital Theory or Metal Complexation (Bio-Inorganic )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmundtheGreen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to finish a one year degree in organic chemistry and am planning on going to medical school in about a year or two. I already have an undergrad in chem but it is so long ago that I honestly dont recall most of the concepts from Gen Chem.

Next semester I have one slot left in my schedule and I can take a class either in Molecular Orbital Theory or a Bio-Inorganic class on Metal Complexation. Which do you think more applies to the MCAT materials ?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
neither... if you're studying those you know more Gen Chem than you think

I honestly dont. But if you seriously study MO you do end up learning a lot of Gen Chem basics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
neither... if you're studying those you know more Gen Chem than you think

I agree, but i think that bio-inorganic coordination compound class sounds interesting...at least to me, thats what im writing my senior thesis on

taylormade44 said:
I agree, but i think that bio-inorganic coordination compound class sounds interesting...at least to me, thats what im writing my senior thesis on

Seriously ? What is your exact topic ?

SigmundtheGreen said:
I honestly dont. But if you seriously study MO you do end up learning a lot of Gen Chem basics.

theres no way youre gonna get all ur gen chem basics from 1 course

gen chem is just a preview of all the chems to come....pchem, orgo, analytical, inorganic....

just study the gen chem concepts on ur own they should come back to you in no time

taylormade44 said:
theres no way youre gonna get all ur gen chem basics from 1 course

gen chem is just a preview of all the chems to come....pchem, orgo, analytical, inorganic....

just study the gen chem concepts on ur own they should come back to you in no time

True......

I just want to know if MO is on the MCAT really. It is not listed on the subject list on the MCAT web site but I just cant believe it isnt on the exam. Maybe they considering it part of the bonding topics. It really is a far better way to see chemistry than valence bond theory which doesnt explain very much.

I cant seem to get a real answer on this topic anywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.