Class of 2009 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
top third. that's what my email said.

Members don't see this ad.

MeowMix said:
She is shooting herself in the head, not the foot. Rule #1 is ALWAYS apply to your state school if you have any kind of chance of getting in there.

The current MS1 class ranges in age from 20 to 42 (the 20 yo was 19 when s/he started school). They do accept a lot of non-trads, but they also accept a lot of fresh-out-of-undergrad students. The age range gives a good balance and means that no matter who you are, there will be someone to hang out and have fun with.

As an in-state student, she will automatically be more competitive. The secondary is relatively easy, travel to the interview will be cheaper, etc..

Yeah, tell her to apply! It's a great safety school for residents and age is not a factor, heck isn't it against the law to discriminate based on age? I'd advise her to get out and start volunteering in a clinical setting immediately if she isn't already. I think experience is the only real strike that a young applicant could face. Even at my age I heard from interviewers who thought I didn't have enough cuz at that point I'd only worked in a hospital for six months and volunteered three before that.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on getting in off the waitlist! I'm looking forward to the 22nd, it'll be a good opportunity for me to remember what I liked about the school. It was my first interview and I walked out of there thinking, "I could be happy here." Now I'm not sure what I remember! :scared:

I wish it was more than just a day though.

Last edited:
wire said:
Thanks! I will be there on the 22nd. Do you remember what people wear? Are they dressed up or just everyday shorts/t-shirt kind of thing?

I dunno. I know some schools have you go on rounds, but with only one day I'm pretty sure that that won't happen here. I guess business casual would be the safest route to go. Anyone else know more?

Last edited:
wire said:
Is anyone else out there? I haven't seen anyone else post that they have been accepted? Is anyone going to the pre-orientation/2nd look?

Wire: CU will not have an entering class this year due to lack of cool applicants. Zing! Get back to work. :thumbup:

Haha, MCW cancelled the class of 2009 for the same exact reason. :laugh:

wire said:
Thanks! I will be there on the 22nd. Do you remember what people wear? Are they dressed up or just everyday shorts/t-shirt kind of thing?

Wear whatever you want- jeans, shorts, pajamas, etc. It's a really casual and laidback day. You don't go on any clinical tours or anything- basically just info sessions in the 3rd floor lecture hall. Plus, you're already accepted, so they can't do anything to you now!

BTW- Congrats to all who have been accepted to CU. It's a great place! :thumbup:

For those of you who went to the Preorientation Day, do you have any thoughts (positive and negative) that you can share with those of us who couldn't attend? How did the new program that will be started next year look, how were the current students, how was the overall atmosphere, etc.? Thanks

Hey there,

I made it Friday and thought they did a pretty good job. I really would have liked a more interactive session, I wanted to see the facilities again. But I think the new curriculum is definitely the way to go, much more progressive than before. The students there seemed really cool and a good group to work with.