Class of 2010 at UMDNJ with 100% pass rate for Part I Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIer2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from our admin office. We had to take our boards during winter break of our sophomore year, and every single one of us passed on our first try. Yay for us!

Man, our class really does work hard.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Go team!

I must say though, I don't think I went to a single school that had an average pass rate less than 95%, and I don't imagine there are many out there that don't have a similar one.

Ours was 98.5% or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on, how hard is it to pass? My school has a banner hanging up glorifying my class's 100% pass rate on part II. Yee-haw. That test is even EASIER. They just want to give themselves a pat on the back.

Isn't the average also very important? You could have 100% pass with relatively low average?

congratulations. although it's easy to pass boards, for not a SINGLE person to fail is quiet impressive. i think my class had close to 10% fail, from what i recall.

I just got an email from our admin office. We had to take our boards during winter break of our sophomore year, and every single one of us passed on our first try. Yay for us!

Man, our class really does work hard.

:thumbup:

congratulations. although it's easy to pass boards, for not a SINGLE person to fail is quiet impressive. i think my class had close to 10% fail, from what i recall.

The new format makes it nearly impossible to fail....

Really? getting just under 50% of the questions right in the old format was a pass (at least according to the 98 conversion score), how much easier is it now? 40%? :D

you still have to get around 50% of the questions, however the sections are no longer scored seperately. So you can technically get a 20% in anatomy a 80% in dental anatomy and 50% in the other 2 and still pass. So yes there is really no excuse to fail.

you still have to get around 50% of the questions, however the sections are no longer scored seperately. So you can technically get a 20% in anatomy a 80% in dental anatomy and 50% in the other 2 and still pass. So yes there is really no excuse to fail.
Interesting.. so, in theory (based on what you are saying), it's possible to get a "0" in one section and make it up in other sections (with high scores) and still pass the test!

are you sure? if it's true - then they are passing people who (might) have no clue on one of the most important subjects in dentistry (i.e. Dental Anatomy). :rolleyes:

Interesting.. so, in theory (based on what you are saying), it's possible to get a "0" in one section and make it up in other sections (with high scores) and still pass the test!

are you sure? if it's true - then they are passing people who (might) have no clue on one of the most important subjects in dentistry (i.e. Dental Anatomy). :rolleyes:

I took the test in july. What i'm saying is correct. You get one combined score now, instead of one for each section and then an average. Dental anatomy is usually a section that will help bring up the others.

Hi all,
I'm a fellow UMDNJer myself Some of you are commenting on how easy it is to do well, how dare one not do well. It's interesting how across the country different schools have different amounts of time/resources to study for the boards. For example, we were given a 3 week break for winter, but we had to take it by january 1st...other schools have 3 months and some schools supposidly purchase (totally legal, fear not) released exams for each of their students to study from! So, in consideration of that, I'd just like to say yay team! That's all =)