Class of 2012: What's going on now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to see how everyone is doing.
What's going on for you this summer?

Anyone still on a waitlist?

When do you start school?

When are you moving?

Add any other thoughts.

Well I'm working. I cannot wait to quit. It slowly kills me to come in to work everyday. I don't care anymore. I do get random nervous pangs about starting school. Including how do I study for like 10 classes at a time?

I'm actually going to Dallas to find a place to live this weekend and moving during the last week of July.

Super excited and nervous. :confused:

You?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm finishing up my last 4 classes to graduate in the next 3 weeks. Excited to get them over with, but getting nervous about d-school as well.

After I'm done I'm taking a 1 month break and going home to hang out at home and at my cabin... do some serious wakeboarding.

School starts August 25th, so I'll need to have gone to Portland and found a house by then.

Other than that... same old, same old... just trying to prepare myself for 4 years of hell.

Not doing anything too exciting. Sleeping in and working out is about it. I did pull out my old anatomy text and skimmed through some of the pages, but quickly got bored with it. Hopefully I'll find some motivation sometime before school starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Work here for me, too. My job is really easy, but I'm still ready to quit and move out to Colorado! Slowly getting stuff taken care of for the move and matriculation (immunizations, finding apartment, finding new utilities, etc.). I'll move a month before school starts, so I'll have that time to travel and play.

i work at a pharmacy right now. hating it!!!

planning on quitting around August 1st.

I already have a place in Chicago. Today I just scheduled turning on my electricity and gas.

Pretty much I am jumping out of my skin with excitement. No nervousness yet. I just can't wait to start.

work...working out....and saving up money (need a new laptop before dschool starts)

LLU starts sept 22, which seems late to me. I didn't have to move to a different area, but I may have to move houses again (problems with landlord). I'm doing some research and teaching labs. Will be doing those two things over the summer for what amounts to a full time job.

LLU starts sept 22, which seems late to me. I didn't have to move to a different area, but I may have to move houses again (problems with landlord). I'm doing some research and teaching labs. Will be doing those two things over the summer for what amounts to a full time job.

Darn. That's more than 2 months later than us. Luck you.

Quitting my job in two weeks. Currently doing the bare minimum to fulfill my responsibility (ie. just meeting deadlines - barely), while taking two hour lunch breaks to work out. Oddly enough, my boss recently offered me a word of praise :idea:.

Checked out housing options the past few weeks, and dropped a deposit. If you haven't found a place yet - get cracking. There are some crazy good deals in a lot of areas I searched in NYC.

Booked a plane ticket far away from here, and will try to enjoy life before school owns me. Really looking forward to this.

I will leave for Temple in early august.

Now: I bartend/wait tables at a restaurant in Okoboji, Iowa.
Work 3 days a week, rest of the time i do nothing and am bored of doing nothing. Water ski every chance i get

Nothing is on tv as of now so im watching hannah montana yeah shes hot :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I will leave for Temple in early august.

Now: I bartend/wait tables at a restaurant in Okoboji, Iowa.
Work 3 days a week, rest of the time i do nothing and am bored of doing nothing. Water ski every chance i get

Nothing is on tv as of now so im watching hannah montana yeah shes hot :laugh:

I just noticed my two year member thing on the side, thats cool

Louisville starts July 1st. I am moving on June 24th, all the way from Cali!

6 more days of "work"

moving to Louisville from Texas in 2 weeks from today.

getting things together for the move.

worrying about financial aide gettin in in time.

6 more days of "work"

moving to Louisville from Texas in 2 weeks from today.

getting things together for the move.

worrying about financial aide gettin in in time.

Sounds like you will be getting there a week before me.

We should hang out or something before school starts, man. :thumbup:

I am waitlisted at Tufts. I am going to start my aadsas application and submit it by the end of next week. Just trying to see if I can save some money and submit the application later. Some days I get up feeling like I will get a call from Tufts offering me a spot off the waitlist. I don't know but I feel that God has a plan for me and I am sure it will work out.

Keep on praying that I get in for this fall.:)

I'm waiting for my summer job to start... I'm working as a camp counselor in an urban park. Doesn't sound so glamorous, but if things work out, I'll be able to work with my friends and get to be paid for camping out. That also means night shift pay rates and being paid for sleeping =D

Stony Brook has their welcome day coming up soon, so I'm pretty excited for meeting my class. Otherwise, I'm not doing much in the way of preparing for school.

Teaching at a high school for another week and a half. Starting to hate seeing and miss seeing those kids already. Thinking about looking into getting a temp job for a month or so but I really just want to just chill w/ my wife and son. I'm going up to Vegas late July/early August hopefully and school starts Aug. 25th. I actually took out my Cell Bio/Anatomy/and Biochemistry books from Undergrad but only got 8 pages into the Cell Bio book. The studying for a buttload of classes thing is scaring me a little but I'm so ready to get this school thing going!

The date of matriculation for Pacific is July 11th. Since I am from the area, I don't have much to move. I just have to pack and organize things I need and don't need for d school. As for what's going on this summer, I just plan to work part-time and save some money. On the other hand, I might go to Las Vegas to have fun before I start school...probably 2 weeks before school so I won't go to class drunk....j/k

Have fun and enjoy your time before school starts.

Well, out of four interviews, I've gotten two rejections and two waitlists (USC and NYU). I'm holding off on my 2009 AADSAS application for a few more days to see if I hear anything from USC or NYU this month.

I opened up a new AMEX Blue Skies card to pay for my applications, but at least I can earn bonus points towards plane tickets if I get any interviews.

I talked to the Dean of admissions at VCU about my application, and he told me, verbatim, "To be honest, you should be in dental school right now." It was a little heartbreaking to hear that I should be in dental school, but wasn't accepted anywhere. I even asked him about my interview notes, and he told me that it looked like I interviewed fine.

So yeah, I guess I just ran into a little bad luck this year.

Also, I need to buy an extension cord because I learned that my toaster doesn't reach my bathtub. Haha, I felt pretty silly finding that one out without checking beforehand. Well... I guess I can hold off on that until next year. :rolleyes:

Starting in August, I'm doing a one-year post-bac program at VCU in the meantime.

Congrats to everyone that got in this cycle. I'm jealous, but happy for you guys.

I am starting to get nervous about starting on July 14th in San Antonio, and I am getting a little sad about leaving my current job in the ER at the end of June. I have made some good friends and made pretty good money for the time that I have spent there. The whole living in relative poverty again is not too appealing, but I am so glad that I made this decision.

In the two weeks that I have of being unemployed and a full time student, I plan on going fishing for the 4th of July, taking my wife to Fredericksburg, TX to a B&B, then having some friends come to our house to float the river. All this, because there likely won't be much fun after school starts for a while.

The good thing is that I won't be moving, but I do have to gear up for a daily commute, which considering the price of gas these days is not insignificant. Good thing we traded the Jeep Cherokee for a Honda Accord!

Well, out of four interviews, I've gotten two rejections and two waitlists (USC and NYU). I'm holding off on my 2009 AADSAS application for a few more days to see if I hear anything from USC or NYU this month.

I'd imagine that the two, large private schools of USC and NYU would have movement on their waitlist come June/July - I hope you find yourself a seat somewhere.

I have been working full-time as a dental hygienist in southern California after finishing biochemistry and organic chemistry this semester. My husband already went to Philadelphia and leased an apartment (5minute walk to the dental school) last month. We'll be moving cross country from Cali to Pennsylvania the 4th of July weekend. If I don't receive my PA dental hygienist license by then, I plan on flying back to California to continue working until the 1st week of August. UPenn starts August 17. I'm nervous, excited, and anxious. Congratulations to everyone! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist. I know there is still hope. :D

Working... Working... And might I add working a worthless job. I am just saving as much money as possible. We are looking at moving Aug 1, and school starts on the 25th!

I am starting to get nervous about starting on July 14th in San Antonio, and I am getting a little sad about leaving my current job in the ER at the end of June. I have made some good friends and made pretty good money for the time that I have spent there. The whole living in relative poverty again is not too appealing, but I am so glad that I made this decision.

In the two weeks that I have of being unemployed and a full time student, I plan on going fishing for the 4th of July, taking my wife to Fredericksburg, TX to a B&B, then having some friends come to our house to float the river. All this, because there likely won't be much fun after school starts for a while.

The good thing is that I won't be moving, but I do have to gear up for a daily commute, which considering the price of gas these days is not insignificant. Good thing we traded the Jeep Cherokee for a Honda Accord!
I'm right there with ya-a little nervous and a lot excited. I put in my last day of work today at the temp job. My wife and I are driving to SA tommorow (in the Accord we traded for 2 weeks ago) so she can attend a couple of job fairs and we can scout out apartments.

I took a look at the biochem notes a while back but laid off--there'll be time enough in the coming weeks. Till then, we'll start packing in earnest and (hopefully) find tenents to rent out our house. (Gave up on selling it...)

See ya soon.

I'm waitlisted at one school and just got a research coordinator job offer for next year. I don't know if I should accept the job knowing that I might be going to school in August. :( Meanwhile I am tutoring students to earn some money for the summer.

I am on the waitlist at Houston and am currently working as a senior research assistant at MD Anderson Cancer Center. I bit the bullet and paid the $1400 to take the Kaplan course and re-take the DAT sometime this summer (my first take, I studied on my own with the Kaplan blue book). I already submitted my TMDSAS app with my scores from last year so we'll see how that goes. There doesn't seem to be much movement on the TX waitlists so no need to take any chances, just go ahead and re-apply.

Have yet to see someone from Houston post on this thread, so here ya go. We start class on Aug 18th but I'm moving to Houston Aug 1st.

Working until July 25th then packing and shipping everything to NYC. Me, the husband the 2 dogs and the cat are then packing into the car and cannon ball running it across country (LA to NYC) before August 1 when our lease is up. School starts Aug 18!

Checked out housing options the past few weeks, and dropped a deposit. If you haven't found a place yet - get cracking. There are some crazy good deals in a lot of areas I searched in NYC.

What areas did you look in? did you check internet listings or took a trip there to look for yourself?

What areas did you look in? did you check internet listings or took a trip there to look for yourself?

I work in NYC, so it wasn't too far of a trip. You can also search through a housing agent from any of the local agencies for a nominal fee, and I initially began my search by using craigslist and looking through the paper. FYI, I also looked in Jersey City and Hoboken because proximity-wise ,they are more or less the "6th" borough.

I'm finishing up my last 4 classes to graduate in the next 3 weeks. Excited to get them over with, but getting nervous about d-school as well.

After I'm done I'm taking a 1 month break and going home to hang out at home and at my cabin... do some serious wakeboarding.

School starts August 25th, so I'll need to have gone to Portland and found a house by then.

Other than that... same old, same old... just trying to prepare myself for 4 years of hell.

Ha! You sucker! D1 orientation at VCU starts July 28th and then classes closely follow, getting ready for the pain. I leave July 9th for VA...taking a fun road trip through some historical sites along the way though. :)

I am working a worthless job that I absolutely hate..... the good news is i am quitting in 1 week from today. I have senoritis really bad and pretty much am a slacker.

NOVA's orientation is on the July 29th so i am moving out to Ft lauderdale on the 18th all the way from San Diego CA..... only 2700 miles....

I am excited about starting but a little nervous at the same time. It feels good to finally get to work towards my chosen field and end just working for a paycheck.

I am working a worthless job that I absolutely hate..... the good news is i am quitting in 1 week from today. I have senoritis really bad and pretty much am a slacker.

NOVA's orientation is on the July 29th so i am moving out to Ft lauderdale on the 18th all the way from San Diego CA..... only 2700 miles....

I am excited about starting but a little nervous at the same time. It feels good to finally get to work towards my chosen field and end just working for a paycheck.

haha! congrats on quitting. I should start a count down. I have about 25 more days. My coworkers are sad though. I'm like... Oh well :) I'm giving myself about 3 1/2 weeks "vacation." But I'm already nervous about it since I always stay busy. I'm scared of not doing anything but I know that I'll regret it if I don't take this break.

I am workign like a horse trying to make a dollar - and off course i have to go to the gym and plus i got tow courses to finish - moving some stuff aug 1st and then the final trip august 16 or 15.

I am on the waiting list at MWU.
I am waiting a phone call..everyday.
My boyfriend is loosing hope in me and
he's about to breakup with me b/c he is tired of waiting?
I used to feel excited and happy!
Now,I feel like I about to loose everything.:(:(

As long as you don't give up your dream,
you can have many things you wanted in the future!

Life is just a rolling ball,
it will eventually reach the destination.
Just be patience.
There is always hope!:)

Wish you best of luck!!

I am on the waiting list at MWU.
I am waiting a phone call..everyday.
My boyfriend is loosing hope in me and
he's about to breakup with me b/c he is tired of waiting?
I used to feel excited and happy!
Now,I feel like I about to loose everything.:(:(

Hey. Sorry to read your sadness. Finding Nemo quote coming in...."Just keep swimming!". You'll get in....even if it takes another go around. BTW, your boyfriend is a freaking homer if he's going to break up with you for being in the situation you're in.

Fun to see what everyone is up to. I am working part time, but will quit in the end of June. My husband and I are in the middle of buying our first home that is halfway between his hospital and SB. July will be spent moving and setting up the house. August I will be taking vacation (rafting, skydiving, and hanging out on a houseboat in Lake Powel).

We have welcome day on Thursday, so I too am excited to meet everyone.

I am working the front office of dental practice and I am so ready to be done. I just started training our new girl so hopefully I'll be out by the end of this week or next week. I'm am so sick of 6 day work weeks! I am going to spend whatever free time I get vacationing with family, visiting friends and enjoying California. I take off for Cleveland at the end of July because orientation starts August 4th and class starts August 11th.
I am really excited, but I am also getting really nervous to move. It's going to be such a change in life style. At least I have a super cool place to live!

Vacationing in Pakistan. Enjoying the heat! :)

About to get buried in paperwork before enrollment(immunization, school supplies, etc...):mad:

orientation starts aug 18 and classes aug 25. my scrubs are supposed to arrive early in july. i get nervous occasionally but am generally excited. i really want to have more of a life than people imply they have in school. this is definitely my biggest concern about starting school. i want to make sure i can still spend time with my bf, go out to dinner with him and other friends, and spend time with my family too. i am willing to work very hard but we all need a break from studying.

Just got laid off last friday, receiving a nice severance package+Unemployment, being a beachbum everday and jus soakin it in before i ship off to philly in aug. after workin 8-5 for a year, i have so much free time that i have no idea what to do with myself. L-I-V-I-N

Just got laid off last friday, receiving a nice severance package+Unemployment, being a beachbum everday and jus soakin it in before i ship off to philly in aug. after workin 8-5 for a year, i have so much free time that i have no idea what to do with myself. L-I-V-I-N

I hear you man.....I am quitting tomorrow..... unfortunately i don't get the unemployment but i am definitely going to go suck up the sun...... Good times not working anymore

have 3 finals coming up, and i'm still reading SDN! moving up to boston 8/16. dorm (yes i'm living in the dorms :() move-in is 8/24. school starts for tufts 9/2....so between now and then i'm going to just sit on my butt and work at the gym. its about time i took a break from school. maybe travel around the country seeing friends before i go into academic hibernation.

just Got Laid Off Last Friday, Receiving A Nice Severance Package+unemployment, Being A Beachbum Everday And Jus Soakin It In Before I Ship Off To Philly In Aug. After Workin 8-5 For A Year, I Have So Much Free Time That I Have No Idea What To Do With Myself. L-i-v-i-n

Perfect!