Class of 2013 HPSP availability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huk1985

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just became a citizen 4 months ago, and just started my 2nd year.
I always wanted to serve in the military and since about a couple weeks ago had been trying to gather info and get in contact with local recruiters.
I only got in touch with the Army recruiters who told me they don't have any spots left for class of 2013. I have tried several times to get in touch with Navy and Air Force recruiters but couldn't get through?
Are there any spots left in either of the two branches?
Even, if there is, is it possible for me to do 3 year or 2.5 year scholarship right now or is it too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I just became a citizen 4 months ago, and just started my 2nd year.
I always wanted to serve in the military and since about a couple weeks ago had been trying to gather info and get in contact with local recruiters.
I only got in touch with the Army recruiters who told me they don't have any spots left for class of 2013. I have tried several times to get in touch with Navy and Air Force recruiters but couldn't get through?
Are there any spots left in either of the two branches?
Even, if there is, is it possible for me to do 3 year or 2.5 year scholarship right now or is it too late?

Although Army doesn't have "official" spots for the 2 yr HPSP, they can look into creating a spot for one. You will have a 3 yr payback for 2 yrs of HPSP. The plus side is that you can do a 12 month AEGD without incurring any additional payback - it will count as one of the 3 years you owe. 3 yr and 4 yr HPSP do not get that option.

You can PM me if you want to pursue that option.

Although Army doesn't have "official" spots for the 2 yr HPSP, they can look into creating a spot for one. You will have a 3 yr payback for 2 yrs of HPSP. The plus side is that you can do a 12 month AEGD without incurring any additional payback - it will count as one of the 3 years you owe. 3 yr and 4 yr HPSP do not get that option.

This is actually a pretty decent option especially since you are being paid pretty well for doing an AEGD residency program.

2 additional years in the military is not that long...

Members don't see this ad :)

Could you call me again sometimes?

I also would like to do that if at all possible. We spoke today.
The HPSP would open externship doors, that are currently not available to me. The experience of the Army externships would be priceless.
FYI: I have that appointment tomorrow morning Sir. I am staying another day to make it happen. Thank you so much for your help today. I look forward to hearing back from you.

I also would like to do that if at all possible. We spoke today.
The HPSP would open externship doors, that are currently not available to me. The experience of the Army externships would be priceless.
FYI: I have that appointment tomorrow morning Sir. I am staying another day to make it happen. Thank you so much for your help today. I look forward to hearing back from you.
I spoke with the people over dental recruiting Monday - and although they can create 2 yr HPSP opportunities, they will do so on a very limited and case by case basis. Unfortunately with projected growth and openings for future years - the Army Dental Corps is pretty full. Those who have prior military experience may be able to get an exception to policy - but otherwise one of the only other ways in may be taking loan repayment with either the Reserve or Active Army after graduation.