Class of 2017 South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP/MUSC & USC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cafackl93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those applying to SCCP at MUSC or USC campus for matriculation in Fall 2013.
Class of 2017.
This is a place you can share your stats, interview info, and other application related business.

Members don't see this ad.

My plane ticket was 985$...... I feel raped like some doctor drugged me and played with me while I was under the influence. How much was your ticket?

How are you feeling about your chances? What are y'all's GPAs, PCAT scores, experience like?

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA: 3.7
PCAT: (did terrible, taking again in sept) comp: 29 :(
experience: Ive worked at medicinemart for 9 months. The owner has been on the Adcom, he wrote me an excellent rec.
You?

Just submitted my applications. I'm so nervous! I'm trying not to go back and look at it because I keep over analyzing everything. I applied early decision but I'm super nervous about interviewing. Ahh!!

GPA: 4.0
PCAT Composite: 83

Talked to the advisor, said if you've applied and have everything in, then look for a fall interview. I'm sitting at a 57 comp PCAT, she told me not to worry, and that's pretty solid.

Yeah pcat isn't everything. I had an interview and was wait listed last year with a freakin 30 pcat and I applied in December lol. I have since retaken it and did MUCH better, I'm reapplying and hope to have all my stuff off next Monday.

Accepted to the MUSC campus in Charleston for Fall 2013!!!

Accepted to the MUSC campus in Charleston for Fall 2013!!!

What were your stats?
You must have a degree...? They only accept ED with less than 17 ch left to complete

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Thank you! I'll have my degree in May but I have already completed all of my prerequisites. My GPA is 4.0 and my PCAT is an 83. Good luck to all those applying and interviewing!

Just got a call for an interview for friday nov 2nd!!!

What should i expect???
Super nervous and excited!

Interview October 31!!!! Super excited, but nervous! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be nervous! Everyone is so nice and the interviews are really laid back. I was a nervous wreck but right when I stepped into the school all my nervousness went away. They really do make you feel relaxed!

Don't be nervous! Everyone is so nice and the interviews are really laid back. I was a nervous wreck but right when I stepped into the school all my nervousness went away. They really do make you feel relaxed!

Ok, that is good to hear. Any suggestions? I haven't really prepared at all, I just heard back Friday that my interview is Wednesday. So I am currently trying to figure out driving and hotel and such, but should I prepare on certain topics? I was planning on just going for it....

I'm applying to SCCP and South University Columbia campus. I'm bummed because the professor I'm getting a reference from for my 3rd required is slacking. I think I read on their site somewhere that you have to have everything including references in by October 1 to have a Fall interview. Can anybody refute that? Looks like I'll probably have to wait for Spring if I'm going to get an interview at SCCP.
GPA: 3.1 (3.8 without counting a bum semester from over a decade ago)
PCAT: 87 comp
2 years in a nuclear pharmacy as a tech

I'm applying to SCCP and South University Columbia campus. I'm bummed because the professor I'm getting a reference from for my 3rd required is slacking. I think I read on their site somewhere that you have to have everything including references in by October 1 to have a Fall interview. Can anybody refute that? Looks like I'll probably have to wait for Spring if I'm going to get an interview at SCCP.
GPA: 3.1 (3.8 without counting a bum semester from over a decade ago)
PCAT: 87 comp
2 years in a nuclear pharmacy as a tech

Hey! I didn't get everything into my application for SCCP until Oct. 22, and I got an e-mail Oct. 26 inviting me to my interview Oct. 31. So the Oct. 1 date can't be true....:confused:

Hope this helps!

That does help! Thanks so much for that info.

Had my interview at MUSC on friday.

Went super well. Everyone is very nice, and wants you to get in there. They are welcoming and very laid back.
Dr. Hall gave us a sort of background of the college, and what it's like to go there.
Then tours and then the interviews.

They really just wanted to have a conversation with you, and get to know you.
Very fun and exciting

Ready to hear back.

Just emailed for an interview on Nov. 12th in Columbia. They got my last recommendation on the 1st. Super excited!

Wow I guess they are cranking out the interviews...you have one Nov. 12? I just got an invite for Columbia campus on Nov. 14!

Hey JCzap, I just realized it was you from the South thread. So what led you to be so interested in SC? It's a shame you'll have to make that long trip again in such a short span of time.

Interviewed at MUSC November 2nd, accepted November 9th! Woooop can't wait for next fall!

Has anybody gotten accepted to USC yet? I interviewed Oct. 31, but I am hating waiting!!! :scared: USC is one of my top choices, so hopefully I'll hear something soon....

Is there a Facebook group out there yet for those accepted to the MUSC campus?

Hi. I have a 3.9, 74 pcat comp, and have interned at hospital/shadowed at retail pharmacy. Has anyone been accepted with similar stats?

Has anybody gotten accepted to USC yet? I interviewed Oct. 31, but I am hating waiting!!! :scared: USC is one of my top choices, so hopefully I'll hear something soon....

I just heard back last week from an interview on Nov 12th. My letter was dated on Nov 28th, but it took over a week before I got the phone call and the email. Hopefully it was as good of news for you as it was for me!

got an invite for a January 18th interview at MUSC. Anyone else going to be interviewing on that date?

I'm interviewing on the 18th!!! What made you want to apply? I'm having a hard time choosing between Howard and Musc!

Does the 500 word personal statement on the supplemental have to match our PharmCAS personal statement?

Oh wow, thank you! I'm going to have to cut out quite a lot of words then.

I just saw this and wanted to clarify! There is no limit on the personal statement section. It says 500 words but just copy and paste your personal statement from PharmCas as is into the supplemental. I think mine was 900 words or so and it was fine!

Accepted to SCCP MUSC campus today. Pumped.

Interviwed: nov 2
Accepted: jan 11!

I will be there for an interview February 1st.

Interviewed October 31, and just got called yesterday that I am accepted. Took forever, but happy I got in! :)

Just got the call from Dr. Hall...accepted! Look forward to seeing everyone in August!

Congratulations to both of you. What campuses did you get in to?

I interviewed at MUSC on Feb 1st.... still waiting to hear back by the 15th. Has anyone else interviewed this month and already received an acceptance email?

I interviewed at MUSC on Feb 1st.... still waiting to hear back by the 15th. Has anyone else interviewed this month and already received an acceptance email?
I interviewed on Feb. 1st as well, I haven't heard anything yet either. It may be like 3-4 weeks before we hear something judging by the wait times others have had in this thread and past years.

I just received an acceptance at MUSC. If anyone around these forums is in the program and reads these boards occasionally, let me know, I've got a couple of questions I was hoping I could ask you.

I just received an acceptance at MUSC. If anyone around these forums is in the program and reads these boards occasionally, let me know, I've got a couple of questions I was hoping I could ask you.

When did you interview? It's been 3 weeks since I interviewed.... starting to get worried. (out of state applicant) :scared: