class of 2018 Fairleigh Dickinson university school of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinyl93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello People,
Is any applying or interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Pharmacy for the 2018 class?
please help me with some info on what to expect at the interview, I am super nervous. I have an interview coming up very soon any help will do
thanks people

Members don't see this ad.

Im applying too. Still waiting for the supplemental application email

they don't have supplemental, all you need is your pharmcas application...
I have an interview there... I was hoping I could get someone to give me some info on their interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Im applying too. Still waiting for the supplemental application email
they don't have supplemental, all you need is your pharmcas application...
I have an interview there... I was hoping I could get someone to give me some info on their interview

I have an interview scheduled for the 14th. I have heard it is not too bad.

Good luck! My interview scheduled for October 28th.Please,guys,let me know what questions they asked you.I really nervous.

Do you know if it is an open or close file interview or can you shed light on what the interview will look it... im super nervous... it is my first ever interview... please any help will do
thanks in advance

Guys,what's your statistics?They invited me for interview without PCAT/GRE.I was surprised:)I don't know if I need to take PCAT.I have MA degree in linguistics.

I just declined my spot at Fairleigh Dickinson after and interview on the 23rd of September. Good luck, one more spot is open for you guys!

It's not that bad of an interview. You interview with 5 people, if I remember correctly. It's one on one, you walk into a room and they introduce themselves. They then ask you a question, and give you the opportunity to ask them any questions you have about the school.

My advice to everyone is this: You're there to interview. If they didn't like your grades/pcat/volunteer hours etc..., they wouldn't have invited you, period. Just go in there, be yourself and call it a day.

Reactions: 1 users
Please,could you tell me how long was each mini-interview?

I just declined my spot at Fairleigh Dickinson after and interview on the 23rd of September. Good luck, one more spot is open for you guys!

It's not that bad of an interview. You interview with 5 people, if I remember correctly. It's one on one, you walk into a room and they introduce themselves. They then ask you a question, and give you the opportunity to ask them any questions you have about the school.

My advice to everyone is this: You're there to interview. If they didn't like your grades/pcat/volunteer hours etc..., they wouldn't have invited you, period. Just go in there, be yourself and call it a day.
is it an open file or closed file interview and what are some examples of possible questions I should expect?
please helps... and thanks in advance

Please,could you tell me how long was each mini-interview?

I believe it was 10 minute mini-interviews.

is it an open file or closed file interview and what are some examples of possible questions I should expect?
please helps... and thanks in advance

It was open file, but only one of them actually looked at it and asked me a follow up question based off my file. Some of the questions I remember are:

"Tell me about yourself."
"Give me an example where your integrity was put into question"

Nothing awfully challenging in my perspective. If you've ever been on a job interview for any college level position, I felt these were questions that I had been asked :)

EDIT:
I was interviewed by one professor, a preceptor, director of student affairs, and I can't remember what the other two where....

I believe it was 10 minute mini-interviews.

It was open file, but only one of them actually looked at it and asked me a follow up question based off my file. Some of the questions I remember are:

"Tell me about yourself."
"Give me an example where your integrity was put into question"

Nothing awfully challenging in my perspective. If you've ever been on a job interview for any college level position, I felt these were questions that I had been asked :)

EDIT:
I was interviewed by one professor, a preceptor, director of student affairs, and I can't remember what the other two where....
thanks so much man... I owe you one if I ever get to meet you someday.... ;-)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks so much man... I owe you one if I ever get to meet you someday.... ;-)

Haha, no problem, I wish I could remember more, but it feels like it was forever ago, even though it's only been a little less than 3 weeks!

Like I said, if they didn't like your stuff on paper, you wouldn't be there! This is the funniest (and crudest) advice I was given about interviews, but just remember that everyone poops, including the person interviewing you!! At the end of the day, they are people :)

Haha, no problem, I wish I could remember more, but it feels like it was forever ago, even though it's only been a little less than 3 weeks!

Like I said, if they didn't like your stuff on paper, you wouldn't be there! This is the funniest (and crudest) advice I was given about interviews, but just remember that everyone poops, including the person interviewing you!! At the end of the day, they are people :)
true that...
Thanks so much.... beginning to gain my confidence back

How was you interview yesterday? do you mind sharing what the interview was like... please I will seriously accept it
what are the questions that you were ask... you can PM me. my interview is in November. Hopefully you will get accepted by then so it wont do you any harm
Thanks in advance!!!

How was your interview?
I haven't gone yet...mine is in couple week.... I wish someone who have done his or hers could share more question.. everybody seem to be quite about the questions

Last edited:
How was you interview yesterday? do you mind sharing what the interview was like... please I will seriously accept it
what are the questions that you were ask... you can PM me. my interview is in November. Hopefully you will get accepted by then so it wont do you any harm
Thanks in advance!!!

My Interview went well. I got accepted TODAY!! Yayyyy

My advice would be to just relax. You will be with a bunch of other terrified individuals, everyone is in the same boat. lol. Just remember that you are there in the first place because they already think you are a good candidate. I did not really prepare for this interview at all. I believe that if you really want to be a pharmacist, you already know a good answer to any question you will be asked. There is no point in memorizing answers to a bunch of possible quesetions - its just not natural lol.

Anywho, I am still unsure if I will attend. I applied to a lot of schools, and this was the first one I interviewed and was accepted at. I like it because you can get your PharmD/MBA in just 4 years. I want to stay in NYC area and I applied to touro and LIU also, but I may withdraw those since they don't have dual degree programs and I think its really important to get more than just a PharmD. I don't like that FDU is such a new school, though, it is also removed from the main campus... AND its pretty expensive-- I'm probably looking at 200K worth of loans to go here. That scares me the most.

I definitely liked the school more than I thought I would though. Everything is very modern, and the students seemed to like it. The administration was also very nice, and like I said the dual degree programs are a huge plus.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!!!What's your statistics?How many students were interviewed with you?

My Interview went well. I got accepted TODAY!! Yayyyy

My advice would be to just relax. You will be with a bunch of other terrified individuals, everyone is in the same boat. lol. Just remember that you are there in the first place because they already think you are a good candidate. I did not really prepare for this interview at all. I believe that if you really want to be a pharmacist, you already know a good answer to any question you will be asked. There is no point in memorizing answers to a bunch of possible quesetions - its just not natural lol.

Anywho, I am still unsure if I will attend. I applied to a lot of schools, and this was the first one I interviewed and was accepted at. I like it because you can get your PharmD/MBA in just 4 years. I want to stay in NYC area and I applied to touro and LIU also, but I may withdraw those since they don't have dual degree programs and I think its really important to get more than just a PharmD. I don't like that FDU is such a new school, though, it is also removed from the main campus... AND its pretty expensive-- I'm probably looking at 200K worth of loans to go here. That scares me the most.

I definitely liked the school more than I thought I would though. Everything is very modern, and the students seemed to like it. The administration was also very nice, and like I said the dual degree programs are a huge plus.
wow.. you interviewed yesterday and got accepted today... that is so awesome...
Congratulations!!!
And thanks for the advice

Congratulations!!!!What's your statistics?How many students were interviewed with you?

There were 7 others.

My undergrad GPA was 3.56 with bachelor's in biochem. 96 composite on PCAT. 1.5 years in research, and about a year as an Rx tech.

Best of luck!

I did not take a PCAT or GRE but they invited me for interview).I have MA degree and still don't know if I need to take a PCAT)

So, I just got an interview invite today!! So excited!!! It's October 28th! I'm shocked because Pharmcas hasn't even officially sent out my application.

Anyone willing to share questions?

I did not take a PCAT or GRE but they invited me for interview).I have MA degree and still don't know if I need to take a PCAT)

we are in a similar position ... I got invited for an interview as well and I have not yet taken the pcat.. I have a BA in biology .. idk if they will interview us and then put the decison on hold pending our pcat scores or if they are really impressed by the interview they will accept you without it?

According to their policy, students, who have a bachelor degree with GPA 3.5 and higher and all prerequisites not below B- ,are exempt from PCAT or GRE. My GPA is high but I am still in process with my prereq). According to my PharmCas application, I am not planning to take a PCAT.They invited me for interview. I hope to be accepted without PCAT. I don't think they will put us on a waiting list. Did you contact someone from admission regarding this question? My interview is on October 28th.

According to their policy, students, who have a bachelor degree with GPA 3.5 and higher and all prerequisites not below B- ,are exempt from PCAT or GRE. My GPA is high but I am still in process with my prereq). According to my PharmCas application, I am not planning to take a PCAT.They invited me for interview. I hope to be accepted without PCAT. I don't think they will put us on a waiting list. Did you contact someone from admission regarding this question? My interview is on October 28th.

yeah my GPA is high too but i do plan on talking the pcat and that is reflected in my pharmcas app i hope they dont wait list me till i take the exam.. my interview is monday.. praying all goes well its my number 1 school!

yeah my GPA is high too but i do plan on talking the pcat and that is reflected in my pharmcas app i hope they dont wait list me till i take the exam.. my interview is monday.. praying all goes well its my number 1 school!

Good luck. Please, let me know the questions they will ask you.

Have anyone who interviewed on the 21st of October heard from FDU?

Yes.. just heard back 10 minutes agoo.. I got accepted god is great! good luck everyone

hey people that are getting accepted, do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Anyone interviewed on 28th october heard anything from FDU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey do you mind sharing your stats?
sorry for the late reply
i have a 3.6 average gpa
no first degree but have taken all pre requisite up to org. chem 2
volunteered in a pharmacy for more than 6 month
done lots of extracurricular activities
not too good pcat score

I don't suppose there is anyway they will give me my deposit back now since I'm deciding not to go here...?

sorry for the late reply
i have a 3.6 average gpa
no first degree but have taken all pre requisite up to org. chem 2
volunteered in a pharmacy for more than 6 month
done lots of extracurricular activities
not too good pcat score

what was ur pcat score if u dont mind me asking. reason i ask is because im in a similar boat so i just wanted to know my chances of being lucky just like you and getting an interview/accepted. you can post message me if you like. thanks

I was interviewed on October 28th and still waiting for decision)
How was the interview? Is it one-on-one or group? I'm going for my interview on the 16th and I'm trying to figure out what to expect since it's 5 interview rotations.

The interview was not bad. I think, it is 4 interview rotations instead of 5. 10 minutes each.The questions were more about your personality. What was the most difficult decision in your life,did you change your decision, integrity in real life and in school...Good luck.Don't worry too much.

Interview wasn't bad at all, just don't be nervous and be confident. Look up typical "pharmacy interview questions" and just practice!

The only question I stumped on was "When have you had an opinion and changed that opinion?". Of course, I have a million good examples but I went brainfart for a second. Ultimately, I was able to regroup. I interviewed in late October and got acceptance letter in late November.

Did any one apply late? I just added this school on Jan 9, 2014. I haven't heard anything back yet. How long did it take for this school to confirm that they have received your application? I'm nervous!!

Does anyone have an interview coming up because I submitted my app back in December but never heard nothing from this school?

I applied in december and still havent heard from them yet. Anyone have the same problem ? :bear:

Does anyone have an interview coming up because I submitted my app back in December but never heard nothing from this school?
I have the same problem :-/

Hello People,
Is any applying or interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Pharmacy for the 2018 class?
please help me with some info on what to expect at the interview, I am super nervous. I have an interview coming up very soon any help will do
thanks people

I applied really early to the school and was accepted in September. I decided to go there. Is anyone else going there for the upcoming Fall?

I applied really early to the school and was accepted in September. I decided to go there. Is anyone else going there for the upcoming Fall?
I am going there this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk