Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gugoodoll

NCSU c/o 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GET EXCITED, guys. We're going to vet school! :banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 18 users
I must admit I'm kind of freaking out about this but my excitement is overpowering my fears!!

Yay us!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Yayyy! I'm so excited to be a part of this thread!! Congrats Class of 2018!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's starting to set in that I will be moving to start vet school in just a few short months. Which is why I'm starting to freak out that I don't have: a place to live/financial aid/a job for when I get there/ a stupid nutrition course to sign up for over the summer. :zombie:

Reactions: 3 users
Kitties and puppies and puppies and kitties!! Wait...what?? I don't get to play with puppies and kitties all day?
Aww, man...

I think it's starting to set in that I will be moving to start vet school in just a few short months. Which is why I'm starting to freak out that I don't have: a place to live/financial aid/a job for when I get there/ a stupid nutrition course to sign up for over the summer. :zombie:

I'm right there with you. My mind is going in a dozen directions thinking of all the things I need to do before I move and I'm freaking myself out. I've decide to break it up into small pieces and once each piece is done move on to the next. It's helped a little. I'm definitely excited to get started though.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't freak out - enjoy the freedom while we can!!! My plans for the summer: work and save up some money, go to the beach as much as possible, ride, visit friends and family, and enjoy summer in NJ! How about everyone else?

(P.S. - I an secretly really excited to be class of 2018. I have a thing for even numbers and 2017 and 2019 are not as appealing. )

Reactions: 9 users
Well I need to take a nutrition course over the summer. So I might not have money to do fun things grrr. I will be able to enjoy myself once everything is taken care of. :whistle:

(P.S. - I an secretly really excited to be class of 2018. I have a thing for even numbers and 2017 and 2019 are not as appealing. )

I'm totally there with you. I graduated '08, '12 ...'17 wouldn't mesh right haha

I'm really excited as well! But I'm also really nervous about moving across country, mostly because of my animals. I'm planning to fly with my pets and get a pod for my stuff.

Doing some research over the summer and going to Colorado for a week. SO PUMPED. And omg, vet school!!!

ERMAHGERD yes. I graduated high school '08 and college '12. I like even numbers. A tiny part of me is relieved I didn't get in last year 'cause I would have to be c/o 2017 :rolleyes:

I've been spending WAY too much time looking at apartments...

Reactions: 2 users
ERMAHGERD yes. I graduated high school '08 and college '12. I like even numbers. A tiny part of me is relieved I didn't get in last year 'cause I would have to be c/o 2017 :rolleyes:

Same here. I must have called 20 on Tuesday. Only 4 so far accept huskies :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay this applies to me!!! 2018!! Yeah!!

Check out http://www.commercialbrokersinc.com
They have been a great property management company for me. Pet friendly too.

Kitties and puppies and puppies and kitties!! Wait...what?? I don't get to play with puppies and kitties all day?
Aww, man...
You do. It will just be in anatomy lab and I'm not sure I would call it playing haha.

Don't freak out - enjoy the freedom while we can!!! My plans for the summer: work and save up some money, go to the beach as much as possible, ride, visit friends and family, and enjoy summer in NJ! How about everyone else?

I'll be working and saving up money as well. I'm also planning to do a lot of hiking on my days off maybe culminating in a trip up Mt Lafayette and staying overnight at the AMC Greenleaf Hut during the vacation weeks I am taking before heading to school. I did that for a school trip and had always wanted to do it again so maybe I'll finally do it again.

I graduated with odd numbers ('09, '13) but have a things for eights so I'm happy to be class of 2018 rather than 2017 or 2019.

This thread makes me happy :love:

Mailed my deposit today. Is this real life?!?!

I want all of you to remember these moments a year from now (especially during finals week like we are in now). Must persevere!!
Congrats to all!!

Looks like you're going to need a change in username.
Haha I know. I should have thought about that before creating my username. There probably isn't a way to change it without creating a whole new one. Oh well. :)

Haha I know. I should have thought about that before creating my username. There probably isn't a way to change it without creating a whole new one. Oh well. :)

You actually can request a username change.

I should technically change my name to BVM&SDream, but I have been DVMD since well before I was accepted, so the name stays. :)

This thread makes me happy :love:

Mailed my deposit today. Is this real life?!?!

When I saw the $1000 gone from my account, I laughed evilly, "NOW YOU ARE LEGALLY STUCK WITH ME, BWHAHAH!". Then **** got real. And now I'm concentrated on finding an apartment so I don't have to live in a box.

I go through moments of pure shock and excitement, then pure panic and terror :p Aaahhhh! But trying to pack up my house and find a new one, and get a car has me pretty occupied. So exciting!

You actually can request a username change.

I should technically change my name to BVM&SDream, but I have been DVMD since well before I was accepted, so the name stays. :)
Oh cool! I shall change it then. Hmmm but to what? Decisions decisions.

Oh cool! I shall change it then. Hmmm but to what? Decisions decisions.
If I could change mine, I'd be ROBOVET since I'm a type 1 diabetic, and since I have an insulin pump I actually qualify as a cyborg:

cy·borg

noun
a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.

ROBOVET ONLINE.

Reactions: 10 users
woohoo class of 2018!!!! :D

I signed a lease on an apartment already! First time I'll ever be living by myself (without family or roommate(s)). We shall see how this goes.

If I could change mine, I'd be ROBOVET since I'm a type 1 diabetic, and since I have an insulin pump I actually qualify as a cyborg:

cy·borg

noun
a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.

ROBOVET ONLINE.
:lol:That is amazing!

Yay! I'm so excited but also so scared.

I was excited for all of like three hours and then it set in that it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING and that I have to move and will be in vet school in a random city far away for four years and accruing debt out the wazoo. And then I was scared. And sad. And obsessively trying to find some nice deciding factor to pick a school. As of yet, I'm stumped (if anyone has any advice other than "go where it's cheapest" [they're all OOS and therefore stupid expensive] and "follow your heart" [um?] feel free to share!).

I do still get moments of OMG I ACTUALLY GET TO BE A VET WOOOO!! but they're fleeting. Will definitely be better once I choose and can actually picture myself in one place instead of a revolving backdrop of Illinois, Georgia, and Massachusetts.

I was excited for all of like three hours and then it set in that it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING and that I have to move and will be in vet school in a random city far away for four years and accruing debt out the wazoo. And then I was scared. And sad. And obsessively trying to find some nice deciding factor to pick a school. As of yet, I'm stumped (if anyone has any advice other than "go where it's cheapest" [they're all OOS and therefore stupid expensive] and "follow your heart" [um?] feel free to share!).

I do still get moments of OMG I ACTUALLY GET TO BE A VET WOOOO!! but they're fleeting. Will definitely be better once I choose and can actually picture myself in one place instead of a revolving backdrop of Illinois, Georgia, and Massachusetts.

For the record, I am now 85% sure I'm choosing Tufts (my other choice is Penn. like you, OOS everywhere) and Massachusetts is cool. New England in general is just pretty and Vermont and New Hampshire which are a drive away are just beautiful for skiing, hiking, kayaking, etc if you're into that. The area around Tufts itself is also cute and New England people are just really nice. :) Plus, Boston (if we ever get down there) is lovely and interesting.

ALSO, SEAFOOD ANYWHERE IN NEW ENGLAND!!

Wow. I haven't even begun to look at housing. Way to be on the ball!

i CANNOT believe i am going to be a vet. I almost quit so many times, so many people told me i couldn't do it, and with a lower-than-average EVERYTHING in numbers, UF saw my personality and dreams and accepted me ahhhhhh!!!! <3 <3 guys, we did it!

We're going to be vet students in about 6 months!!! :hardy: Congrats, future classmates/colleagues!!!

I haven't started looking at apartments yet. I'm waiting to try to find a roommate or two and then see what we can find. It's amazing how many apartments next to a vet school say no pets.

Reactions: 2 users

I'm having the same issue everyone is telling me where ever is cheapest and to go with my gut. But honestly how am I suppose to know after only spending a few hours at each school....I got into my IS but I also want out of FL so I just don't know. For you id go with weather but I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold!! Good luck!

I'm having the same issue everyone is telling me where ever is cheapest and to go with my gut. But honestly how am I suppose to know after only spending a few hours at each school....I got into my IS but I also want out of FL so I just don't know. For you id go with weather but I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold!! Good luck!
Go where it is cheapest. Seriously. I understand the desire to get out of Florida, but you can always go on vacation later (or even during you summers) or move for a job. It makes a huge difference to your future

You won't even notice you're in Florida. There is no time for that. Seriously go in state if that's the cheapest.

You're definitely not the only one. I have periods of excitement marred by moments of depression about all things that is wrong with the vet profession. Thankfully the happy periods seem to outnumber the sad ones these days, although I'm sure that's going to change when I'm actually in school.

Good luck with your decision!

Wow. I haven't even begun to look at housing. Way to be on the ball!

Let's just say I have a lot of free time on my hands right now, haha. Also, me being me I like to prepare for everything. Type A and all...

Yay 2018ers!!! :)

Ahhh so pumped for next year!!! I haven't even thought about housing yet, so I'm hoping I find a roomie who knows a lot more about living in Illinois than I do haha

Just stopped by to say pre-vets have the best avatars on SDN by far, and I browse your forum sometimes just to look at them.

Carry on.

Reactions: 18 users
I don't think that the reality of all of this has quite sunk in yet for me. We have all been waiting out whole lives for this. I don't think it's really going to hit me until classes start in August. Regardless going house hunting in Gainesville tomorrow! Go Gators.

Congratulations to everyone we did it, we are going to be doctors! This is such a HUGE accomplishment.