Nov 23, 2013
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Hi everyone,

I've been accepted to CSPM, Western, NYCPM, Kent, Scholl and Temple.
So far, Scholl and Temple are my top 2 choices and can't decide which one to go to!!! Is anyone else having this problem? If you have any insight, info, or what you ended up picking, etc please chip in!

Scholl
- overall great facilities, campus, 24/7 library, cafeteria (sushi omg), housing, research opportunities, students and staff, except 3rd year clinics are super slow... I asked a current 3rd year student and they see 1-2 patients/day, although I've heard from many students at all schools that it's the clerkship experience that matters more, and Scholl offers the greatest # clerkships compared to other schools.

Temple
- great in-city life, everything you need is in 1 building, nearby housing, close hospitals, busier clinic in 3rd year than Scholl but I found Scholl to have nicer and newer facilities than Temple.

--- Also, I know that Scholl's 2013 residency placement % (83%) isn't too hot compared to Temple (93%) but generally over the years, Scholl has been great with matching and developing great DPMs so I'm not going to base my decision on this 1 year. I've been in contact with a resident who is a graduate from Kent and she told me her top 3 recommended choices (in no particular order) are Kent, Scholl and DMU because she does see many students from those schools come through on a regular basis at her program and other programs.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

Scholl
- overall great facilities, campus, 24/7 library, cafeteria (sushi omg), housing, research opportunities, students and staff, except 3rd year clinics are super slow... I asked a current 3rd year student and they see 1-2 patients/day, although I've heard from many students at all schools that it's the clerkship experience that matters more, and Scholl offers the greatest # clerkships compared to other schools.

Temple
- great in-city life, housing, close hospitals, way better clinical experience in 3rd year than Scholl but I found Scholl to have better research opportunities, and has nicer and newer facilities than Temple.

--- Also, I know that Scholl's residency placement % (83%) isn't too hot compared to Temple (93%) but generally over the years, Scholl has been great with matching and developing great DPMs so I'm not going to base my decision on this 1 year. I've been in contact with a resident who is a graduate from Kent and she told me her top 3 recommended choices (in no particular order) are Kent, Scholl and DMU because she does see many students from those schools come through on a regular basis at her program and other programs.
Where Scholl has the definite advantage is the facilities (BTW the 24/7 library must be new, when I interviewed there last year it was only 10, good change for them). Temple's Anatomy lab royally sucks, it is much more of a help to have those screens and cameras at each body vs us having juice soaked netter atlases. Our library too is open until 11:30 Su-Thu, 5 on Fri and 8 on sat. While they told you that there is the med school library that is 24/7, well only 24 hours on Su-thu, it is in a really bad area of Philly (a med student was attacked at the subway stop there at 230 in the afternoon) and the subway to there ends at 11:30.
Temple has great clinic experience, which could help your prep for your externships. Not a put down on any school though, but we seemed to fare better in that bloodbath of a match compared to other school.
At the end of the day if you put in the time and effort both schools will do you good. Figure out which matches you best