Air Force Class of 2019/2020 HPSP Scholarship Selectees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hlover0325

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to create a thread for people who have been selected to receive a commission from the United States Air Force via the three year or four year HPSP Scholarship. Hopefully, through this thread we can keep each other updated as far as where we are with the process and I thought it would be nice for us to be able to connect.

Members don't see this ad.

I was selected a few months ago. Currently waiting back to hear about getting scroll approval. It's taking longer than expected.

It sucks that waiting on the scroll takes so long. I just got selected on Friday so I am hoping that I can commission before school starts

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got selected today! Are you all planning on going to COT this summer or summer of MS1?

The plan is to go this summer so that I can save myself some time for research next summer.

My recruiter said that its too late for me to be able to do it this summer. I'm assuming that I will be going summer after M1 year

My recruiter is also telling me that COT this summer is unlikely. Still waiting on scroll approval. Was selected in January. Scroll submitted early March. Scroll status changed to "processed" early April.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good to know, guess ill be doing it Summer of MS1. What happens if we don't have scroll approval before classes start?

The dates for COT have been published on the AF website

http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/Students/COT/index.asp

It was on there somewhere...ugh but I cant find it now. I think the last two class dates..before school starts were May 23rd -June 24 and June 27- July 29th

**Selected waiting on scrolls

It seems like were getting boned on research opertunities but def rather HPSP vs. USUHS

The dates for COT have been published on the AF website

http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/Students/COT/index.asp

It was on there somewhere...ugh but I cant find it now. I think the last two class dates..before school starts were May 23rd -June 24 and June 27- July 29th

**Selected waiting on scrolls

It seems like were getting boned on research opertunities but def rather HPSP vs. USUHS

My sentiments exactly.

I'm not sure why scroll approval is taking so long. I was told they switched to a new process this year that's supposed to really expedite the whole process. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

My recruiter is also telling me that COT this summer is unlikely. Still waiting on scroll approval. Was selected in January. Scroll submitted early March. Scroll status changed to "processed" early April.

If I can ask, are you seeing this status change yourself online somewhere or are you getting this information from your recruiter?

Really wish I could knock out COT this summer as well, but I think I am in the same boat. Annoying thing is that I had an acceptance that was deferred from the the prior year, and reached out to a recruiter in early June and I am STILL waiting for scroll approval after it was submitted last month. Dang.

If I can ask, are you seeing this status change yourself online somewhere or are you getting this information from your recruiter?

Really wish I could knock out COT this summer as well, but I think I am in the same boat. Annoying thing is that I had an acceptance that was deferred from the the prior year, and reached out to a recruiter in early June and I am STILL waiting for scroll approval after it was submitted last month. Dang.

From my recruiter, no online portal for us to check at this point. Mine said scroll could take up to 3 months to approve, but assured me that "they know what they're doing." I myself would love to attend COT before school start. I'll cross my fingers that everyone of us will be able to as well. Optimism!

were all of you automatic selects? if not, what were your stats?

I was not an automatic select. Undergrad culmulative GPA: 3.33 MCAT:502
Congrats! Thanks for replying! I'm applying for HPSP for 2017 with 3.63 GPA and 501 MCAT. So similar stats to you.

Does anyone know if the Air Force HPSP board meeting this August is the last one for the year and how many slots are available for the 3 year scholarship?

I'm brand new to SDN, so I was happy to see this thread. I'm a second-year med student, and I was just commissioned last month for a 3-year HPSP scholarship. As far as I know, the best time for me to go to COT is in late June right after i take STEP I, and that's also when some 4-year scholars in my class are going as well.

Does anyone know if the Air Force HPSP board meeting this August is the last one for the year and how many slots are available for the 3 year scholarship?

If you were waiting to hear back from your recruiter, then I hope everything worked out for you. I'm not sure when the last board meeting was, but I had a last minute call from my recruiter telling me to hurry up and take the oath because the end of the fiscal year was coming up. From what I've heard this is pretty much how the military conducts business across the board, so I'm sure there were several other applicants getting the same message.