Daenerys Targaryen

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I am applying during this cycle. I put my future/intended courses for this and next semester on AMCAS and have since finished secondaries. I have received several interview offers and am a little concerned about the classes I am taking this semester.

In particular, there is one class that is heavily attendance-based. I think that I may find it difficult to make up my requirements during interview season and am considering dropping the class (without a W).

If I choose to drop the class, do I need to notify schools of the changes since this is different information from what I reported on AMCAS? If so, should I notify every school I applied to or only the ones I am interviewing at?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
You can drop it and you have no obligation to notify the schools

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-3
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
I would call the admisssion office of the places where you received a secondary and a 100% interview. Plans change dw but you should let them know. Make sure you have your pre-reqs finished by graduation!

OP
Daenerys Targaryen

Daenerys Targaryen

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for your responses! This is not a prereq class if that makes a difference. Any other thoughts?

Feb 26, 2016
Status
Medical Student
If you can drop it without any trace, as in it just does not show up on your transcript, just drop it and if they ask, say the class filled up or you were bumped out.

Sometimes you should lie.