Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Classes added under the BCMP?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by okcomputer, Dec 1, 2005.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I know that this question has been asked in the past, but I never really got a clear answer.
    I am a psychology major, and was wondering if classes like Phyisological Psychology or Biopsychology could be entered on AMCAS under the BCMP... and if so, were they designated in your college as psch or cross listed with the Bio dept?

Thanks for any insight.

2. Chopianista

Chopianista Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes. Psychology/Biopsychology courses that have a heavy natural science emphasis can be included as BCMP. However, I believe your designation as a BCMP course is subject to approval by AMCAS. I entered several of mine when I submitted my AMCAS, and they were all accepted as BCMP.

3. stiffany

stiffany Hurry up and wait...
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What about like things like primate evolution or human adaptation, classes that were heavy on the skeletal analysis and evolutionary studies, but in the anthropology department?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. okcomputer

okcomputer Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for your response.
    Do you happen to know what could happen if AMCAS rejects them? I mean this isn't like cheating or anything right?

5. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Just put it as Bio and see what happens. AMCAS counted by Nutrition class as Bio instead of as Health Science, which is not BCPM. So it worked out. If they correct it, it does not look like or count as cheating.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...