Classes added under the BCMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okcomputer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that this question has been asked in the past, but I never really got a clear answer.
I am a psychology major, and was wondering if classes like Phyisological Psychology or Biopsychology could be entered on AMCAS under the BCMP... and if so, were they designated in your college as psch or cross listed with the Bio dept?

Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

okcomputer said:
I know that this question has been asked in the past, but I never really got a clear answer.
I am a psychology major, and was wondering if classes like Phyisological Psychology or Biopsychology could be entered on AMCAS under the BCMP... and if so, were they designated in your college as psch or cross listed with the Bio dept?

Thanks for any insight.

Yes. Psychology/Biopsychology courses that have a heavy natural science emphasis can be included as BCMP. However, I believe your designation as a BCMP course is subject to approval by AMCAS. I entered several of mine when I submitted my AMCAS, and they were all accepted as BCMP.

What about like things like primate evolution or human adaptation, classes that were heavy on the skeletal analysis and evolutionary studies, but in the anthropology department?

Members don't see this ad :)
Chopianista said:
Yes. Psychology/Biopsychology courses that have a heavy natural science emphasis can be included as BCMP. However, I believe your designation as a BCMP course is subject to approval by AMCAS. I entered several of mine when I submitted my AMCAS, and they were all accepted as BCMP.

Thanks for your response.
Do you happen to know what could happen if AMCAS rejects them? I mean this isn't like cheating or anything right?

Just put it as Bio and see what happens. AMCAS counted by Nutrition class as Bio instead of as Health Science, which is not BCPM. So it worked out. If they correct it, it does not look like or count as cheating.