Classes of 2014!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kopitar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its about that time- 6 weeks till many orientations begin- till life changes forever- who's ready? All the tests, labs, finals, classroom snoozes, graduations, significant others, jobs, 12 hour study sessions; all culminating to this clean slate. Is anyone still in disillusion, or is it just me?

Members don't see this ad.

Six weeks?! LECOM-Erie starts three weeks from tomorrow...

I'm excited to move out of mommy and daddy's house ;b

Sad my easygoing life is coming to an end.

Scared of what's coming ahead academically.

Members don't see this ad :)
the idea of 83% failing USMLE1 on first attempt is freaking me out.

i am going to study so freaking hard first 2 years....

i seriously don't want to have to deal with concern of not passing.

the idea of 83% failing USMLE1 on first attempt is freaking me out.

i am going to study so freaking hard first 2 years....

i seriously don't want to have to deal with concern of not passing.

... 83% failing? What are you talking about?

My orientation starts in 13 days... roughly 3 weeks to the first day of school... very scary >.>

Just try and get a good night's sleep before the first day so you all don't end up looking like a zombie on ID for the next four years...not that I had that problem or anything:oops:

I'm excited, LECOM-B orientation in just a few weeks now!

Holy crap! This is actually happening. I found out where I was going nearly 10 months ago. I've become incredibly impatient since then. Am currently in the process of enjoying what's left of this summer. My orientation starts the day I return from my vacation to Spain. :)

Orientation is fun. Then you hit anatomy with a vengeance. First day you'll be three chapters behind already. Enjoy your summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Orientation is fun. Then you hit anatomy with a vengeance. First day you'll be three chapters behind already. Enjoy your summer.

Thanks for the encouraging words :scared:

Ugh, I know I'll regret this in 3 months, but I want to start school super bad.

Totally excited, but dreading it at the same time!

It'll be over before you know it. Then you get the anticipation/fear of starting residency. I hear that goes quickly too. Med school sure went by fast. (easy to say now that I'm done with it!)

That's exactly how I feel! Except I think my enthusiasm is going to fade in more like 3 weeks after the first test :)

The key is to spend time reading and less time doing other things. Even early morning reading or late night readings can add a lot to your scores on exams

Its about that time- 6 weeks till many orientations begin- till life changes forever- who's ready? All the tests, labs, finals, classroom snoozes, graduations, significant others, jobs, 12 hour study sessions; all culminating to this clean slate. Is anyone still in disillusion, or is it just me?

Get ready to slam it into overdrive.

I thought I came into medical school well prepared and I still got caught off guard a bit. Med school:college::college:high school.

I was excited in Sept. after getting my acceptance. Then I became more and more eager to start. Now I'm at the stage where I'm sort of scared and paranoid about failing out and not being able to hack it. The excitement feeling is gone. I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE READ the being dismissed thread on this osteo forum by slick. I have similar stats as slick and I'm going to the same school that's dismissing him. I think I'm just over thinking things now. I'm going to stop reading that thread. It's such a downer ;b

I was excited in Sept. after getting my acceptance. Then I became more and more eager to start. Now I'm at the stage where I'm sort of scared and paranoid about failing out and not being able to hack it. The excitement feeling is gone. I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE READ the being dismissed thread on this osteo forum by slick. I have similar stats as slick and I'm going to the same school that's dismissing him. I think I'm just over thinking things now. I'm going to stop reading that thread. It's such a downer ;b

I think it is important to go into this first year, among other endeavors, with a considerable level of fear. It is likely to be those who have no fear and are too nonchalant that will have a harder time. Read those posts on being dismissed, embrace the fact that you may have relatively lower stats than many others, but most importantly, I think we should all go into this with a level of humility, modesty, and appreciation for our opportunity if we expect to get out alive. :D In other words, just don't underestimate the difficulty of med school. As quoted above

"Med School:College::College:High School"

ya booiiiii.... can't wait... so much anticipation and the wait is finally over. Orientation in less than 2 weeks!!

How can you all be on SDN right now? You should all be studying for boards while you have free time!

/s

How can you all be on SDN right now? You should all be studying for boards while you have free time!

/s
i've been totally looking at review books on amazon and reading what people on here had to say about them...

And those of us who already completed a year of school wouldn't mind an extra few weeks of summer. :)

School is definitely fun and interesting in many ways. It's just that the sheer amount of work (and test after test after test) gets tiresome. Mid-way through the quarter, we were just like... when is this going to end.... :( And during exam time, people are sleep-deprived zombies, many of whom need a good shower.

That being said, there is no education I'd rather be pursuing right now other than medicine. :love:

And those of us who already completed a year of school wouldn't mind an extra few weeks of summer. :)

School is definitely fun and interesting in many ways. It's just that the sheer amount of work (and test after test after test) gets tiresome. Mid-way through the quarter, we were just like... when is this going to end.... :( And during exam time, people are sleep-deprived zombies, many of whom need a good shower.

That being said, there is no education I'd rather be pursuing right now other than medicine. :love:

:scared:

+1000 :thumbup:

this is how i feel.

i am starting to accumulate "stuff"...backpack (rolling to save my back of course :) ), stethoscope and some other odds and ends to make my life easier.

the big thing on my plate to come is a chest freezer so i can stock up at sams and market day and be a very happy girl :)

+1000 :thumbup:

this is how i feel.

i am starting to accumulate "stuff"...backpack (rolling to save my back of course :) ), stethoscope and some other odds and ends to make my life easier.

the big thing on my plate to come is a chest freezer so i can stock up at sams and market day and be a very happy girl :)
:thumbup: people with back problems (or i guess those without them that just want to prevent them) UNITE!

:thumbup: people with back problems (or i guess those without them that just want to prevent them) UNITE!

the problem i had was finding one big enough to hold all of my junk...err i mean stuff, yeah stuff ;)
but i did and it arrived today and i am already envisioning what i can put in which pocket.

not to mention the lunch box i ordered with it that i swear is large enough to hold a good two days supply of food :eek::scared:

but on the insanely cool side...did i mention my rolling backpack may also be used ad a moving seat? so i have my very own seat should one not be available while i am waiting for an exam to begin :idea::thumbup::love::highfive::claps:

the problem i had was finding one big enough to hold all of my junk...err i mean stuff, yeah stuff ;)
but i did and it arrived today and i am already envisioning what i can put in which pocket.

not to mention the lunch box i ordered with it that i swear is large enough to hold a good two days supply of food :eek::scared:

but on the insanely cool side...did i mention my rolling backpack may also be used ad a moving seat? so i have my very own seat should one not be available while i am waiting for an exam to begin :idea::thumbup::love::highfive::claps:
yea... "stuff", you keep telling yourself it's not junk and i'll keep telling myself that i "need" all the clothes i'm going to be bringing :thumbup:.

your rolling backpack definitely get points for that. can you post a link? i already have mine and won't be buying another, but i'm just curious.

Well, reality is here today, and orientation isn't until Saturday. We just received a note about preparing for classes next week - 3 histology quizzes and 1 embryology quiz - yikes! Now that I have to really start studying tonight, I am officially changing my status to Medical Student. Here we go....:eek:

please tell me you're kidding, right? there isn't any quizzes in the first week is there?

please tell me you're kidding, right? there isn't any quizzes in the first week is there?

How are there 4 quizzes the first week? Did they already give you chapters to read?

Yes, they sent us an e-mail stating which chapters to read and what days the quizzes would be on for next week. I was very surprised to see that too, but I guess we got to start some time. I think the quizzes are to make sure we read the material ahead of the lecture. I just wasn't ready to take my last week before school to study. Tonight I plan to start reading histology.:scared:

yea... "stuff", you keep telling yourself it's not junk and i'll keep telling myself that i "need" all the clothes i'm going to be bringing :thumbup:.

your rolling backpack definitely get points for that. can you post a link? i already have mine and won't be buying another, but i'm just curious.

here is mine:
http://www.zuca.com/zuca_sport/index.php

and we will both work on convincing ourselves we need all the stuff that is with us...really we do ;)

here is mine:
http://www.zuca.com/zuca_sport/index.php

and we will both work on convincing ourselves we need all the stuff that is with us...really we do ;)

you got like the rolls royce of rolling backpacks. mine is more like a kia! i'm afraid to even see how much these cost. mine was a gift and i have no idea how much it sells for. but i'm willing to bet it wasn't anywhere near as expensive as these! i'm going to build one anyways to see :).
and we do need all that stuff. that's why we use the word need and not want. because we know we need it. right? RIGHT?!?!

oh i randomly picked on a frame color and it's called jamaica! that's my homeland! maybe i do NEED this bookbag... :p
haha i'm done now :D.

you got like the rolls royce of rolling backpacks. mine is more like a kia! i'm afraid to even see how much these cost. mine was a gift and i have no idea how much it sells for. but i'm willing to bet it wasn't anywhere near as expensive as these! i'm going to build one anyways to see :).
and we do need all that stuff. that's why we use the word need and not want. because we know we need it. right? RIGHT?!?!

oh i randomly picked on a frame color and it's called jamaica! that's my homeland! maybe i do NEED this bookbag... :p
haha i'm done now :D.

i got mine at ebags and it was ~$150. here is a link:
http://www.ebags.com/brand/zuca?lastterm=zuca

as far as stuff, i blame the mom in me. it comes from years of packing diaper bags (even though they are all since out of diapers by now) and needing to bring everything and the kitchen sink with you.
you just never know when you will need that bandaid or tylenol or tums or that extra set of clothes or the zillion and one other things i stuff in my bag :)

either that or i blame the girl scouts :laugh:

i got mine at ebags and it was ~$150. here is a link:
http://www.ebags.com/brand/zuca?lastterm=zuca

as far as stuff, i blame the mom in me. it comes from years of packing diaper bags (even though they are all since out of diapers by now) and needing to bring everything and the kitchen sink with you.
you just never know when you will need that bandaid or tylenol or tums or that extra set of clothes or the zillion and one other things i stuff in my bag :)

either that or i blame the girl scouts :laugh:

i don't have (human) kids and i wasn't a girl scout, so i have no excuse for my pack rat problems :(. the zuna website seemed to be about the same price. too rich for my blood :laugh:

Well, reality is here today, and orientation isn't until Saturday. We just received a note about preparing for classes next week - 3 histology quizzes and 1 embryology quiz - yikes! Now that I have to really start studying tonight, I am officially changing my status to Medical Student. Here we go....:eek:

I feel for you....really. I am afraid to check my email now for that reason. Hopefully our schools differ. Im still in brain dead mode from last semester.....need at least another few weeks. Thank god my school's orientation isnt until the 21st of Aug :cool:.

Very inspiring posts to read here. I wish you all the best of luck, I really do!
I can't wait to finish up my classes and take the mcat! Less than a year to go!

any insights from those who have started for those of us who are going to orientation this upcoming week and starting classes the next?? :eek:

OSU med school starts on the 16th of august. I'm ready to partyyy hahaha