Nov 1, 2010
Status
Hey guys. I'm interested in applying to some OT programs for the Fall 2011 term. I have a question regarding prerequisite classes. Do you guys think its okay to have a class in progress during the summer of 2011?

If I want to start the program in Fall of 2011 can I still be taking prerequisite during summer 2011? Do anyone have this problem?

Oct 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
It depends on the program. The websites of many programs explicitly address this issue, but if you can't find information about it, I would contact the program to find out. Many programs will allow you to apply without all the prereqs, as long as you give them a clear plan of how you expect to complete the classes before starting the program. Often if you're accepted, the acceptance is provisional until they have all of your grades. Some programs, though, say that all prereqs must be completed at the time that you submit your application.

Just practically speaking... if you feel that a good grade in a certain class would benefit your application, I would hold off applying until you have that grade.

OP
T
Nov 1, 2010
Status
Thanks for the input Lizzo. Thankfully the two schools I'm applying to in Arizona allow me to have classes that are still in progress. They just say I have to finish them before late August, when the program starts.