Classes to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakbabydoll

Average student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be registering for spring semester next week and I need help with some classes. So I am taking
pre- cals ( its a pre- req everyone has to take it) 4 credits
Chem-1 4 credits
Biology-2 4 credits

I am not sure weather I should take A&P or not. If I take that lower level A&P class then can I still take Anatomy and Physiology upper level classes at a university?
Another question if I take
A&P 1 and 2 and I really want to take microbiology then I'll inshallah get my AA with 72 credits instead of 60. However I just found out that my scholarship is only for 90 credits and I want to save some credits for which ever university I go to.
Advice??????

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be registering for spring semester next week and I need help with some classes. So I am taking
pre- cals ( its a pre- req everyone has to take it) 4 credits
Chem-1 4 credits
Biology-2 4 credits

I am not sure weather I should take A&P or not. If I take that lower level A&P class then can I still take Anatomy and Physiology upper level classes at a university?
Another question if I take
A&P 1 and 2 and I really want to take microbiology then I'll inshallah get my AA with 72 credits instead of 60. However I just found out that my scholarship is only for 90 credits and I want to save some credits for which ever university I go to.
Advice??????

I've always found it hard to take more than three science/math courses per semester, unless you have no problem with pre-calc. You may want to take A&P I and II the following year, along with physics and orgo if you are going to take those for your AA also. If you want to graduate sooner, then you may want to take A&P next semester too (but only if you feel comfortable with more than three science/math courses).

Hope this helps.

If you were going to a CC here, my advice would be to NOT take A&P there UNLESS your real plans were to go into nursing or allied health fields. The A&P offered at the local CC is from a different perspective than the one at the uni's for science majors.

If you want to do it for some other reason, fine, but not if you want to transfer it for credit as a science major.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and bio 2 is much more fun than bio 1. It's chock full of basic A&P stuff. Lots of dissecting to do. The A&P class at our CC does quite a few labs that are pretty much the same as various ones in the bio 1 & 2 classes.

Are there any transferable credits, besides math and science classes, that you could get out of the way while doing the three you have already decided to do? I always try to throw something different in with the mix, like poli sci, history, psych, philosophy...whatever. It gives the mind something different to work with.

Well I am done with all the general ed classes, like history, psychology, World civilization, I took medical terminology just for fun.
I am going to be a microbiology major and A&P is not required to get in that major. I still have to take English 2&3 and Humanities 1&2. Since I am at a CC, I was planning on taking Organic chem 1&2 and physics 1&2 and calc 2 at a university.