Aug 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,

First time poster here. I am not applying until next year but trying to think about weak spots now and determining what types of EC's I have. I have a lot of public health experience as I originally planned on a career in public health. I worked at my state's Department of Human Services as a research analyst, working with data related to psych patients.

I also worked at my state's Department of Health doing case entry for STD patients as well as calling STD patients to ask them survey questions (data being collected by the CDC).

Could either of these be considered "medical/clinical"?

Thanks!

May 20, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi! I'm similar to you with a background in public health. :)

While good experiences, unfortunately I would consider neither of those to be clinical. Definitely get involved with something clinical ASAP if you're applying next year. I'm sure you are familiar with some good organizations from your work in public health!

Best of luck!

OP
R
Aug 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi! I'm similar to you with a background in public health. :)

While good experiences, unfortunately I would consider neither of those to be clinical. Definitely get involved with something clinical ASAP if you're applying next year. I'm sure you are familiar with some good organizations from your work in public health!

Best of luck!
Thanks! I am starting a job as an ER scribe and working as an intern with Alzheimer's patients, so hopefully that makes up for some clinical deficits!

About the Ads