Clear up some LOR questions for me please :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plateletfactor5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of LOR questions for you, first off I am only applying for DO and I am still waiting for my ACCOMAS primaries to be submitted. They are still processing but they contacted me and said they should be done in the next week or two.

I have contacted my graduate mentor, my old PI from my post doc, and I have a DO who have agreed to write LORs for me. I told them that when I hear back and get some IIs I will contact them and give them an idea about how many and what not. I told them not to be concerned with it until once IIs come in, do most IIs give an idea about the scope of the recommendation letter? What should be said etc?

This last part is especially important because my post-doc PI told me to write the letter myself and he will add some things to make it his own. Has anyone here ever had to write their own med school LOR? I dont even know where to start!!! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of LOR questions for you, first off I am only applying for DO and I am still waiting for my ACCOMAS primaries to be submitted. They are still processing but they contacted me and said they should be done in the next week or two.

I have contacted my graduate mentor, my old PI from my post doc, and I have a DO who have agreed to write LORs for me. I told them that when I hear back and get some IIs I will contact them and give them an idea about how many and what not. I told them not to be concerned with it until once IIs come in, do most IIs give an idea about the scope of the recommendation letter? What should be said etc?

This last part is especially important because my post-doc PI told me to write the letter myself and he will add some things to make it his own. Has anyone here ever had to write their own med school LOR? I dont even know where to start!!! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

I thought u send in LOR's with your secondaries...which is prior to IIs.

It is not uncommon for letter writers to have you write it yourself and they edit it. I've seen a few posts about this already. Never done it myself.