cleopatra-question about penn state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey cleopatra,

I was put on the hold list at penn state this week. Do you know if many students get off or remember what is the admissions process was like for hold people...like how many students are held and how many make it off?

Members don't see this ad.

dukee,

I don't know if this helps, but I think they said that out of 700 interviewed, 400 ultimately get accepted.

Dukee, I PM'd you yesterday...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey J,

I never received the PM! Maybe something wrong with my email?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by dukee:
•Hey J,

I never received the PM! Maybe something wrong with my email?•••••I looked back at the PM, and by now, what I said has been repeated by others (like they accept about 1/2 the interviewees, and about whether everyone else goes on "hold" or not) so it's no big deal. But the PM feature doesn't really seem to be working so well lately.

hey J, thanks. I am still unsure whether all applicants that are not outright accepted are placed on the waitlist. I have received conflighting info, but not everyone is put on the hold list?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by dukee:
•hey cleopatra,

I was put on the hold list at penn state this week. Do you know if many students get off or remember what is the admissions process was like for hold people...like how many students are held and how many make it off?•••••Hey dukee,
Sorry, I didn't even see this question until now :)
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but am interested myself. I am pretty sure, though that some people are actually rejected while others are put "on hold".
I think I might withdraw from the waitlist anyway.
Good Luck :)

hey thanks cleo, here are some stats I found.

Wait-listed students are frequently reviewed throughout the year; the wait-list is not rank-ordered. Chances of acceptance not predictable because status is changeable. Greatest movement: early June-late July. About 15 usually accepted after June 15.

Applicants admitted usually have mean GPA of 3.62 and mean MCAT of 10.

2000 starting class: 258/945 residents interviewed, 58 in first year class; 492/4925 non-residents interviewed, 66 in first year class.

Total accepted and on hold unknown.