Clerkships for Visiting Students/Externship Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.radha

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am a US citizen, who will be graduating from an Indian medical school this May. In order to get my degree, I have to do one year of an externship in the following depts: IM/Peds./OB-GYN/Surgery/Community Medicine. My Dean has given me the permission to do these externships in the US. My problem is I do not know where to look or who I should contact to set up an externship training. The hospital that I have to do my externship has to be affiliated with a Medical School. Could you please direct me as to who I should call or write to, or maybe give me an email address to make my research easier? I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks!!

Radha

Members don't see this ad.

hello
My name is geetika. I'm a 4th yr mbbs student in india. i'm interested in doing my PG in the US.
To the question u posted...from what i know there is something called the "fifth pathway"..which is an externship program provided at the moment only by NY medical college..for US citizens who have graduated abraod. You can check out their site.
I think that it exempts u from having to do ur CSA...but i'm not sure abt that.
Have u given u'r USMLE?...if yes..then did u give it during MBBS or after. I want to give the 1st part in a few months and wanted to know if others have done the same...or does everyone wait till mbbs is over

Thanx for any advice in advance
smile.gif

geetika