medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I figured we should start a separate thread so that we don't continue to hijack the acceptance thread. Let's just start off where the other thread left off...

liebs3 said:
I interviewed back on January 21st...just wondering if anyone received a post-interview decision recently. I'm thinking of calling to find out what's going on.

I interviewed on Jan 27 and I have not heard anything yet as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get a hold notice in the mail this week.

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
how about that for a jinx. i received the hold-list letter in the mail today too. this is really upsetting for me. this is my second time around interviewing and being put on hold at this school. last year, i spoke with admissions and i was advised that pulling my grades up would help my application the best. so, i enrolled in a special masters program and i am doing very well. also, if the two interviews i had this time around weren't great, than i guess i just must be dellusional or something. i'm just really confused. what else can i possibly do to get in??? they have to know how much i want to attend cclcm over the past year and half, it couldn't have been more apparent). here's to two more months or fretting and obsessing... can't wait. :thumbdown:

by the way, for those of you who also got the hold, it's the same exact letter as last year. so, from my experience, the people who will be rejected will find out in early april and then people who remain in consideration will find out. good luck. i'm gonna go and break something.

scrappysurfer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
San Diego, CA
Status
I am also on hold after my Dec 9th interview. I am sick of rejections and hold letters. Would SOMEONE at least give me an acceptance so I know I didn't waste thousands of dollars taking the MCAT, applying, and interviewing across the country only to not get into school. The thought of another year in limbo at my job.....

CCCLM was absolutely amazing.

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
medstylee said:
how about that for a jinx. i received the hold-list letter in the mail today too. this is really upsetting for me. this is my second time around interviewing and being put on hold at this school. last year, i spoke with admissions and i was advised that pulling my grades up would help my application the best. so, i enrolled in a special masters program and i am doing very well. also, if the two interviews i had this time around weren't great, than i guess i just must be dellusional or something. i'm just really confused. what else can i possibly do to get in??? they have to know how much i want to attend cclcm over the past year and half, it couldn't have been more apparent). here's to two more months or fretting and obsessing... can't wait. :thumbdown:

by the way, for those of you who also got the hold, it's the same exact letter as last year. so, from my experience, the people who will be rejected will find out in early april and then people who remain in consideration will find out. good luck. i'm gonna go and break something.
You did apply to other schools this cycle, correct?

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
YzIa said:
You did apply to other schools this cycle, correct?
yeah, but i'm having no other luck. only a few more schools to hear back from and i don't have any other interviews. very depressing.

teh-t

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
Status
I spoke with the admissions today

to clarify, your application status is decided within about 2 weeks of your interview

then there is some processing at Case and letters are mailed out

total time of about 3.5 weeks

medstyle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2004
Status
You stole my name, but I appreciate the compliment. You're money, I'm money.

medstyle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2004
Status
wait you joined before me? I guess I stole urs. haha. I can only conjecture what the extra e is for.

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
medstylee: sorry you got the hold...things will pan out. just hang in there. :luck:

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
uclabruin2003 said:
medstylee: sorry you got the hold...things will pan out. just hang in there. :luck:
hey man, thanks. i appreciate that you're always pushing for me - i think we definitely share the same enthusiasm for this place.

i don't think any of my smp grades will be ready by the april date, so i think all that i can do at this point is make one last ditch effort to write them a letter. who knows if it will help at all, but it's gonna be sincere, that's for sure.

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
medstyle said:
wait you joined before me? I guess I stole urs. haha. I can only conjecture what the extra e is for.
you're damn right! good of you to come clean... but, yeah, i complement you on the name as well. as for the extra e, i can't reveal much to you about it, but i think it might have something to do with why i can't get my ass into medical school. yeah, that's it. i'll let you know when i figure out so we can have some closure. :thumbup:

-medstyleE

ardemus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
scrappysurfer said:
I am also on hold after my Dec 9th interview. I am sick of rejections and hold letters. Would SOMEONE at least give me an acceptance so I know I didn't waste thousands of dollars taking the MCAT, applying, and interviewing across the country only to not get into school. The thought of another year in limbo at my job.....

CCCLM was absolutely amazing.

oh man that's exactly how i feel!! i've spent thousands of dollars on these apps and at this moment i have no idea what the hell i'll do 6 months from now. :'( no one wants me!! :'( the sad thing is that i'm not THAT bad of an applicant... i kinda just screwed myself over by applying late and missing some deadlines...

oh yeah... and i'm interviewing at CCLCM next week... i guess it's pretty late to be interviewing. do i have a chance? any tips??
thanks.

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ardemus said:
oh man that's exactly how i feel!! i've spent thousands of dollars on these apps and at this moment i have no idea what the hell i'll do 6 months from now. :'( no one wants me!! :'( the sad thing is that i'm not THAT bad of an applicant... i kinda just screwed myself over by applying late and missing some deadlines...

oh yeah... and i'm interviewing at CCLCM next week... i guess it's pretty late to be interviewing. do i have a chance? any tips??
thanks.
hey - you def have a chance. dr. hutzler said that they won't be accepting enough people to fill up the class by april 15, so there's got to be spots open for immediate acceptance thru the last interview date. in any case, if you get put on hold, you won't have very long to hear after that. as for advice, just know your research really well. i don't mean like minute details, but be able to talk about it from different angles - usefulness of it, what methods you used and how you used them, how it impacts your decision to pursue a career as a physician researcher, etc. after interviewing there twice (4 separate interviewers), i've gotten questions about healthcare issues or current events pertaining to medicine from each interviewer. it sounds like most people don't get this stuff, but you might want to keep tabs on the news in any case. good luck and i really hope you (we!) get in. i think we're in the same boat, sort of. i feel like my app is solid enough too and i've even had admissions directors tell me that it was just fine. yet, no dice. go figure!

ardemus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
Thanks for the tips and well wishes. :)
i know my research pretty well... just gotta practice talking about it confidently so i don't sound like a bumbling idiot. as for current events and health care... i'm pretty much lacking in knowledge... but there's probably not much i can do in the next week... what do you usually read to keep up with that sort of stuff? just the newspaper? or some journals?
and is CCLCM your top choice?

good luck everyone!! :luck:

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ardemus said:
Thanks for the tips and well wishes. :)
i know my research pretty well... just gotta practice talking about it confidently so i don't sound like a bumbling idiot. as for current events and health care... i'm pretty much lacking in knowledge... but there's probably not much i can do in the next week... what do you usually read to keep up with that sort of stuff? just the newspaper? or some journals?
and is CCLCM your top choice?

good luck everyone!! :luck:
ehh - i'm sure it's not a big deal. i'd just skim over the paper and maybe check the health and science section. you might be able to search on the nytimes online archive and try to find some recent articles on the cleveland clinic. i read the nejm sometimes, but i don't think it'll be helpful for this. and, yeah, this is my absolute first choice. i've had a:thumbdown: (un)healthy obsession with cclcm since i interviewed the first time, over a year ago. there couldn't be a better program for me, in any respect. anyway, jesus h, i've been on this site for an embarassing # of hours today. good luck.

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
Medstylee,

I was totally bummed when I recieved the hold letter. This is my second time applying and it seems my Master's degree has helped me get interviews and waitlists, but no acceptances.

Also I found out that my next interview in March will only be for a waitlist spot. So I guess it's looking like I'll have to do all this over for a third time.

I don't understand CCLCM. My interview went great and one of my interviewers even replied to my thank-you email, telling me again how impressed he was with my app. However, maybe that's their approach...a friendly interview to make you feel good about yourself.

Ugh...I hate the waiting.

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
Don’t feel bad guys. Just keep truckin’

Medstylee did say that they won’t fill up the class by April 15 making room for people to get off the waitlists.

Borat7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
Status
I’m in the same situation. Hold listed in January for cclcm and case.
Do you guys know what percentage of the people on the hold list got accepted last year for cclcm? and is there another hold list after the April 15 deadline?

scrappysurfer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
San Diego, CA
Status
ardemus said:

thanks.
Yep, the march of $ goes on, but no acceptances. I've had 5 interviews (one to go) so you think I'd be able to get in somewhere. Result: 1 rejection, 2 waitlists, 2 ? My last interview school interviewed 230 people for 30 spots -not comforting numbers. I have no idea what to do with my lease or my life and I'm grow ever more tired of my job. Please someone let me know that I haven't been chained to my inbox/mailbox for a year for nothing.

CCCLM is a long but pretty chill interview. It will be quite conversational and they will want to know 1) how you plan to balance research/clinical practice, 2) an explanation for anything fishy in your app. I'm from southern cali and wrote my secondary essay about swimming/surfing with whales and dolphins, so they wanted to know if I'd be willing to leave the ocean for cleveland. They will just want to see that you are passionate about your research.

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
anyone get any acceptance calls recently? it'll be two weeks since my interview tomorrow....

teh-t

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
Status
give them another week.
Like i said earlier, there is some red tape up at Case admissions that needs to proceed before he can call anyone

skoaner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2004
Status
I too was wowed by the program there. Unfortunately I ended up rambling about unimportant things about my research so I think I came off as not very knowledgable in waht I was doing :( I should have just taken the ball and explained the project! Oh well, not much I can do now but hope hope hope! Good luck to you all too.

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
Don't worry too much Skoaner...you did your best. I also bombed an interview, but the most important thing to do is to learn not to let it happen again.

I have a question for you CCLCM applicants. Have most of you been successful in getting acceptances at other schools?

The reason I ask is because I still don't have an acceptance and I think another person that posted on this thread is in the same boat as me. Could it be that the Clinic is looking for qualities that other medical schools overlook? Is the Clinic's view of a successful candidate different?

I guess that would make sense if it were different considering that it IS a different kind of program (which in my opinion is better)

Thoughts anyone?

Also, does anyone have any idea how many acceptances have been offered already based on posted threads? I'm thinking about 6 so far...

Well, it's been a tough week trying to get over being put on hold..hope everyone has a nice weekend! Happy hour here I come!! :laugh:

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
unfortunately for us, i'm sure there have been many more than just 6 acceptances so far. there are 9 or so posted on mdapplicants alone. so, with that, there's bound to be more that have gone to those who don't visit this site. in any case, yeah, i'm the other person in your shoes. i haven't had any other interviews yet this year, but i have others scheduled. my interviews at cclcm both actually went very well (i evern received compliments from one in an e-mail), so i think there are many other factors that contribute to why one does or does not get in immediately. just remember, though, that very few acceptances are actually made up front and some of us might actually be accepted two months from now. so, keep your hopes up. i really hope that i don't have to apply for a third time!

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
nina512 said:
Don't worry too much Skoaner...you did your best. I also bombed an interview, but the most important thing to do is to learn not to let it happen again.

I have a question for you CCLCM applicants. Have most of you been successful in getting acceptances at other schools?

The reason I ask is because I still don't have an acceptance and I think another person that posted on this thread is in the same boat as me. Could it be that the Clinic is looking for qualities that other medical schools overlook? Is the Clinic's view of a successful candidate different?

I guess that would make sense if it were different considering that it IS a different kind of program (which in my opinion is better)

Thoughts anyone?

Also, does anyone have any idea how many acceptances have been offered already based on posted threads? I'm thinking about 6 so far...

Well, it's been a tough week trying to get over being put on hold..hope everyone has a nice weekend! Happy hour here I come!! :laugh:

So, while Case likes to brag about its selection of interview candidates. I think something like 98% will get accepted somewhere is what they said. I would believe that CCLCM's % would be less. I think that some applicants have strong research backgrounds which can make up for weak clinical or weaker(comparitively) stats for CCLCM where other med schools that arn't as research focused/unique are less willing to overlook them.

I think that if you were offered an interview at both Case and the CCLCM that is saying that you are a solid applicant ( in almost any school's eyes), but no interview at Case MAY be read into.

Also while some interviewees for the CCLCM fall into that category, keep in mind that many are exceptionally qualified and will eventually turn down other highly prestigious acceptances to attend. The 33MCAT and 3.8 GPA that the first year class had is telling of the quality of stats many of the students have.

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
medstylee said:
unfortunately for us, i'm sure there have been many more than just 6 acceptances so far. there are 9 or so posted on mdapplicants alone. so, with that, there's bound to be more that have gone to those who don't visit this site.
Indeed, when I interviewed in late Oct. they had already accepted 10 students.
I would guess the number must be around 30-40 by now seeing as they have already invited students to the second look.

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
YzIa said:
So, while Case likes to brag about its selection of interview candidates. I think something like 98% will get accepted somewhere is what they said. I would believe that CCLCM's % would be less. I think that some applicants have strong research backgrounds which can make up for weak clinical or weaker(comparitively) stats for CCLCM where other med schools that arn't as research focused/unique are less willing to overlook them.

I think that if you were offered an interview at both Case and the CCLCM that is saying that you are a solid applicant ( in almost any school's eyes), but no interview at Case MAY be read into.

Also while some interviewees for the CCLCM fall into that category, keep in mind that many are exceptionally qualified and will eventually turn down other highly prestigious acceptances to attend. The 33MCAT and 3.8 GPA that the first year class had is telling of the quality of stats many of the students have.
good points - it makes a lot of sense. i, for one, don't have the greatest stats and i think my research experience is what has prompted cclcm to interview me for the past two years, rather than my numbers. the problem i always find is that, when i interview at schools that are more receptive to applicants with numbers like mine, the interviewers never seem to want to discuss my research even though i feel like it is really relevant to why i want to go to medical school. it's frustrating.

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
medstylee said:
good points - it makes a lot of sense. i, for one, don't have the greatest stats and i think my research experience is what has prompted cclcm to interview me for the past two years, rather than my numbers. the problem i always find is that, when i interview at schools that are more receptive to applicants with numbers like mine, the interviewers never seem to want to discuss my research even though i feel like it is really relevant to why i want to go to medical school. it's frustrating.
Its that whole thing where prestigious schools are very into research and schools that are not highly ranked in research want to stress their strong clinical experiences. Its sort of a game, and you have to play to the strengths of the school. :cool:

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
YzIa said:

I was thinking about this and wanted to add something. I have the feeling that a post is going to turn up saying that experiences are more important than stats at CCLCM for such and such a reason, but...
For a school like CCLCM, creating a reputation, living up to the CC reputation, and constant comparisons to Case's university program, Mayo, and Harvards new pathway are of great importance. In order to be successful in the way that I imagine they are striving for, they need to have comparibly high standards for incoming students, meaning high stats(not exclusively). More importantly they need to show that their curriculum will be not only successful but will excel in preparing students for boards and residency. Having a high Step I for these first few classes is vital in my eyes, though I expect stundents will match well regardless.

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
medstylee said:

I've had a similar experience. Despite all my research accomplishments in the past 5 years, one interviewer picked me apart for every little thing on my transcript which I thought was sooo dumb considering that I took some of those classes 5-7 years ago. And when I asked about opportunities for med students to do research, she replied with "You won't have time." WTF!!! This was coming from a PhD faculty person who from the sound of it, did not want to encourage med student interest in research.

I have one more interview so hopefully it will go as well as the one I had at CCLCM and not a repeat performance of my first crappy interview.

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
im probably jinxing myself, but has anyone who interviewed recently heard from cclcm yet? i interviewed feb 4th...

stopper10

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Interviewed February 7th, received a Hold letter today. Hoping for the best as CCLCM is DEFINITELY my first choice!

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
YzIa said:
The 33MCAT and 3.8 GPA that the first year class had is telling of the quality of stats many of the students have.
where did you get this info?

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
stopper10 said:
Interviewed February 7th, received a Hold letter today. Hoping for the best as CCLCM is DEFINITELY my first choice!

this means they already called those who got in for this cycle, and i didnt get a call or email. $hit. (interviewed feb 4th)

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
exmike said:
where did you get this info?
We were told that during my visit/interview. I do not recall if itwas a question asked to Dr. Hutzler or if it was directed to one of the current students, but that was the answer that we got.

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
chitown82 said:
this means they already called those who got in for this cycle, and i didnt get a call or email. $hit. (interviewed feb 4th)
dont feel too bummed. i got in 1 month after my interview...and i had heard online that people had already heard about their interviews....

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
uclabruin2003 said:
dont feel too bummed. i got in 1 month after my interview...and i had heard online that people had already heard about their interviews....
as in heard already about recent interviews

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
i meant by the time i heard about the results of my interview....others that interviewed with me at about the same time had heard of their results way before me.

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
uclabruin2003 said:
i meant by the time i heard about the results of my interview....others that interviewed with me at about the same time had heard of their results way before me.
gotcha :)

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
Just wanted to resurrect this thread since April 15th (the day we'll finally find out if we're accepted to CCLCM) is just around the corner...

As for me, I'm still on 3 waitlists and I probably won't know anything till the last minute. I'm still hopeful though.

So now that more than a 2 months have passed since i interviewed, CCLCM is still my top choice. I wish everyone good luck!! Hopefully, we all won't have to wait much longer.

Nina

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you beat me to it, nina! anyway, i'm in a very similar position to you. cclcm is the only school i'm waitlisted at and i have yet to hear from the other two schools yet post-interview. i probably won't know what's happening till last minute as well. cclcm is a much better fit for me than downstate or georgetown, so it's definitely my first choice for sure. here's to being nervous!!! best of luck guys.

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
well....april 15 is here! anyone know when hutzler will start calling people?

ardemus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
chitown82 said:
well....april 15 is here! anyone know when hutzler will start calling people?
I just got a call today. However, they only give you a week to decide if you want to accept... Don't get me wrong, i was thrilled to hear from them :D however, when i asked Ms. Meyers whether that means i have to withdraw from all other schools, she said yes... does that seem kinda strange to you guys? i guess the deadline is earlier for that school because they start earlier... but I always thought that you can hold waitlist positions at other schools up until the date of matriculation of the school you're holding your acceptance at.

I know i should have just ask her directly but i didn't want to seem like i have other schools i want to go to more than CCLCM. :-\

does anyone know anything about this policy? can i just accept CCLCM and then still hold my other waitlist positions elsewhere? thanks!

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wow, tha'ts so awesome. i'm getting so nervous now! i hope to god that i can get in!

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ardemus said:
I just got a call today. However, they only give you a week to decide if you want to accept... Don't get me wrong, i was thrilled to hear from them :D however, when i asked Ms. Meyers whether that means i have to withdraw from all other schools, she said yes... does that seem kinda strange to you guys? i guess the deadline is earlier for that school because they start earlier... but I always thought that you can hold waitlist positions at other schools up until the date of matriculation of the school you're holding your acceptance at.

I know i should have just ask her directly but i didn't want to seem like i have other schools i want to go to more than CCLCM. :-\

does anyone know anything about this policy? can i just accept CCLCM and then still hold my other waitlist positions elsewhere? thanks!

hey, congrats!! so...are you gonna take it?! no idea about the waitlist policy - good luck with your decision.

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
Wow! Congrats Ardemus...

So they expected you to decide in 1 weeks time. That's sort of tough, but I guess since they start so early CCLCM doesn't really have a choice. I'm still on 2 other waitlists, but I guess I'd drop them if CCLCM called me next week.

Do you think they will email us to notify us as well? My phone numbers have changed in the past month...

OP
M

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey, if you look thru last year's thread, it seems like a few people who were accepted were able to hold onto a few of their waitlists. so, i think maybe it's just acceptances that you have to relinquish. i'd just call back on monday. i mean, you're already accepted so i don't think you have anything to worry about. anyway, congrats again. that's so great. i really wish i had gotten a call.

jjmack

15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
LA
Status
MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
you are suppose to be allowed to hold onto wait lists untill you offically start I'm not sure if that is orrientation or the first day of classes.

medstylee said:
hey, if you look thru last year's thread, it seems like a few people who were accepted were able to hold onto a few of their waitlists. so, i think maybe it's just acceptances that you have to relinquish. i'd just call back on monday. i mean, you're already accepted so i don't think you have anything to worry about. anyway, congrats again. that's so great. i really wish i had gotten a call.

ardemus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
jjmack said:
you are suppose to be allowed to hold onto wait lists untill you offically start I'm not sure if that is orrientation or the first day of classes.
koo... thanks everyone for the info. :) sounds like we can hold on to waitlists after all.
and Nina, they also send an email in addition to the phone call so your change of numbers won't keep them from reaching you.
good luck everyone. hope you guys hear some good news!

ardemus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
chitown82 said:
hey, congrats!! so...are you gonna take it?! no idea about the waitlist policy - good luck with your decision.
oh yeah i like replying to everyone, ;-) so yes i'm going to take it for sure. this was my first acceptance so it really made my day. :-O i was kinda confused though b/c it sounded like we have to relinquish our waitlist positions at other schools.
honestly, i was pretty depressed and getting ready to apply again for next cycle (ouch, that would have been another few thousand bucks...)
i hope i didn't sound unenthusiastic on the phone.... i was just in shock.