cleveland clinic lerner college of medicine interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punky8484

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was looking for some feedback about the cleveland clinic medical school interviews. for anyone who has interviewed there - i would really appreciate some feedback about what to expect. i have an interview there next month and was just wondering what others have experienced. also- for any students who are part of their first class - what are you feelings so far? thanks so much and looking forward to getting some information.

Members don't see this ad.

I was at Case for the past summer and we were taken on a tour of Cleveland Clinic by the Dean and from his talks do emphasize that you only want to be a clinical investigator and how you love to track the progression of disease thru science and hoe CC and its awesome world class facilities will help you achieve those goals. And seroiusly they do have whatever you need if you are seriously interested in research. Emphasis is on PBL from day 1 .. which was a very positive thing in my opinion because you get to deal with the clinical side as well but you land on the ground running with this kind of approach....also they start way early ..... so that you can start or get used to the research tech/lab techs......It was a goodd school overall.....however cleveland with its funky weather...... :thumbdown:

Hope it was helpful......

All the best :luck:

hey, thanks for the feedback, it's helpful. i'm sure there are more people out there who have interviewed at cclcm.....hope to hear from you! thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there last year and was wait-listed until the very last day. I thought the place was absolutely incredible, although I had some reservations about being a first year student at a completely new school. The main focus is "Bench to Bedside" medicine, people who want to take new therapies all the way through the developmental process. I actually want to do this and stated that during my interview, I would stress this aspect. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT: know your research project VERY well. I had a pathologist who wanted me to draw out signaling pathways for him, I did and he seemed impressed. So know about your research, not just "Oh, I learned how to do PCR."

W222 said:
I interviewed there last year and was wait-listed until the very last day. I thought the place was absolutely incredible, although I had some reservations about being a first year student at a completely new school. The main focus is "Bench to Bedside" medicine, people who want to take new therapies all the way through the developmental process. I actually want to do this and stated that during my interview, I would stress this aspect. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT: know your research project VERY well. I had a pathologist who wanted me to draw out signaling pathways for him, I did and he seemed impressed. So know about your research, not just "Oh, I learned how to do PCR."

that's really good advice from w222. another thing i would add is that you should really be able to explain that the educational style they provide (i.e., completely pbl, research summers, close-knit advisory system) is the one that will best suite you. you need to explain this to them and they are ultimately interested in the fact of whether or not their program will work for you. i was also waitlisted until the bitter end but, unforunately, i was not accepted. i spoke with the dean and he gave me a few pointers. first and foremost, he told me that they really felt that i would fit in with the program. he emphasized this, so i think that it's extremely important. (btw, it was other factors... ughhhh, grades... that prevented me from acceptance, ultimately). also, i'd suggest bringing water with you into the interview because you are literally going for 2 hours straight. my voice was completely cracking at the end. it's a very personal day overall (very few applicants), so you should treat it as an day-long interview. know the program, know how it's unique, and be sure that you're a very specific fit for the program. otherwise, you don't belong there. you'll see for yourself when you visit. it's an amazing place and i'd love nothing more than to attend there next year. i'm reapplying and i'm hoping to get re-interviewed. best of luck and enjoy your visit!