Cleveland Clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pills

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know the deal with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation internal medicine residency program. I realize that the hospital itself has a very good reputation (U.S. news ranks it with Hopkins, Mass General, etc.) but I have heard that the medicine residency program doesn't have as good of a reputation. So I was wondering what you guys know about the program, and if what I hear is true or not. Also, how would this program compare to the likes of B.U. or Jefferson? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Pills:
•I just wanted to know the deal with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation internal medicine residency program. I realize that the hospital itself has a very good reputation (U.S. news ranks it with Hopkins, Mass General, etc.) but I have heard that the medicine residency program doesn't have as good of a reputation. So I was wondering what you guys know about the program, and if what I hear is true or not. Also, how would this program compare to the likes of B.U. or Jefferson? Thanks.•••

From what I have heard, Jefferson doesn't offer a terribly compelling medicine program, especially if you have fellowship interests.

B.U. has a solid program but I still think the clinic is a solid choice. It is true that their medicine program may not live up to the reputation, but you are exposed to so many leaders in their respective field. Only problem is it's location.

BTW, US News who?

CCF is a place to go for medicine subspecialty or surgical/surgical subspecialty training. It is a tertiary referral center where general medicine residents truly are lost in the shuffle. Arab sheikhs and VIPs from this country do not go to the CCF for primary care. Having a couple of friends who are in medicine fellowships there, I have it on pretty good authority that it is NOT a place to go for strong IM training.