Cliffs AP And Feralis not enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

[DDS] Samer

Grind don't stop.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I was going through some of the "Question of the Day" on DAT Bootcamp's website and I came across this question (see image posted). I got the answer right however... none of this was mentioned in either Feralis notes or Cliffs (see second image posted). I might use Princeton's MCAT hormone list if need be, what do you guys use for hormones?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Estrogen.png
    Estrogen.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Cliffs Hormones.png
    Cliffs Hormones.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 74
LH Surge Ovulation (follicle is now corpus luteum-maintained by LH [which along w/ estrogen begins to decrease after ovulation], secretes estrogen + progesterone)
immediately after it says:
Development of endometrium (thickens in prepn for implantation of fertilized egg)

Although it doesn't explicitly say it, it's definitely implied. And Feralis is not a magic study guide where if you study everything you're good. :p You're supposed to supplement it with videos and other notes for maximal retention.

And estrogen thickening endometrium isn't exactly a super fine detail, if you study the menstrual cycle, it's one of the more simpler facts.

Oh yeah! didn't see that, thanks! Woww I feel like im meeting a celebrity, your notes are beyond amazing. :biglove:

And to clarify, I think what it means is that immediately after ovulation, LH drops, and in turn, estrogen drops. However, in this time, the ruptured follicle is developing into the corpus luteum, and as it does, it begins releasing estrogen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great resources. However you must practise questions after reading those. Try Destroyer and Schaum's outlines.