clinic & volunteer questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CubanNortherner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions about the following activities & their relation to med school app:

Working at an adoption nursery caring for infants, is this considered clinical?

Fostering dogs & cats, is this considered volunteering?

Members don't see this ad.

Questions about the following activities & their relation to med school app:

I assume clinical = anything is health related and has opportunities to interact with patients. So I guess you can count that.

I never did any veterinary stuffs so I guess it is volunteering since you are doing as a volunteer? lol.

I don't think it would be much of a stretch to consider that clinical experience.

If you weren't being paid for fostering dogs and cats and you have some success with it or some interesting stories, then yes, list it. If you're talking about adopting a kitten you found, then you're stretching it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you weren't being paid for fostering dogs and cats and you have some success with it or some interesting stories, then yes, list it. If you're talking about adopting a kitten you found, then you're stretching it.

No, this is an unpaid formal fostering program in my city. Per year, I foster anywhere from 10 - 20 kittens & 10 - 12 puppies. Some of these are on a medical emergency, short-notice basis & I do things like administer daily meds & take to vet appts. It's a big commitment & is pretty involved.

No, this is an unpaid formal fostering program in my city. Per year, I foster anywhere from 10 - 20 kittens & 10 - 12 puppies. Some of these are on a medical emergency, short-notice basis & I do things like administer daily meds & take to vet appts. It's a big commitment & is pretty involved.

This is definitely volunteering! And kudos for you for fostering, it's a rewarding experience for sure. :thumbup:

Absolutely volunteering. Sounds interesting and unique for animal lovers. Don't list it as clinical though :p