Clinical Anatomy Book EXCLUDING Moore's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sportfreund

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an Essential Clinical Anatomy book by Moore and I'm not sure if this is the one most students use but I haven't really learned much from it and I'd like to get some good background knowledge before starting at least. I've found online courses and the BRS review book to be clearer and better at explaining than this book tbh.

So I was wondering if there are any other good clinical anatomy books worth pursuing (or a non-clinical book).

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked grays anatomy for students (blue cover).

gray anatomy for students gets my thumbs up.
For images this gets my recommendation, german illustrators do make some of the best drawings.
atlas-anatomy.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like Gilroy way more than Netter.

Are you talking about starting studying anatomy before med school starts? If so, stop.

^ Yeah I've heard that warning and I'm not sure why but I'm referring more to which CLINICAL anatomy book to use while in school. The school I'm going to emphasizes clinical anatomy more than a regular anatomy lecture on what part is where...Moore's is on their list but I've read through a bit and don't like it though not sure if it's the same version. Since they aren't testing directly from the book, I thought I'd look into some alternatives.

+1 for Thieme's, aka Gilroy. I really enjoyed reading it, which is far more than can be said for Moore's.

I enjoyed Last's Anatomy. Easy to read, nice, compact and accurate.