Clinical Clerkships in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dailystruggles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me with finding clinical rotation clerkship win Florida particularly South Florida that are IMG friendly? Any input will be greatly helpful....

Thanks y'all soooo much

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, it seems you don't have a lot of guidance from your school (which seems to be a great argument against going off shore for those who happen to be reading along)

But here's what I would say to a friend if they were in your spot. You already know that IMG is an uphill battle and a lot of places won't bother looking at you unless you're a legitimate rock star. So search for the kind of places that are more likely to look at img students. Start browsing for residencies in states people don't really flock to, look at their current residents.....see a bunch of IMG residents? Email their coordinator and ask for a rotation. If you can get contact info for some of those IMG residents? Email and ask if they will recommend some rotation sites

Miami is very desirable geography for some reason

Reactions: 1 user
Larkin and Westchester have a bunch of IMGs rotating. Kendall and Aventura have IMGs filling their residency spots

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
If I remember right ORMC is full of IMG residents.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, it seems you don't have a lot of guidance from your school (which seems to be a great argument against going off shore for those who happen to be reading along)

But here's what I would say to a friend if they were in your spot. You already know that IMG is an uphill battle and a lot of places won't bother looking at you unless you're a legitimate rock star. So search for the kind of places that are more likely to look at img students. Start browsing for residencies in states people don't really flock to, look at their current residents.....see a bunch of IMG residents? Email their coordinator and ask for a rotation. If you can get contact info for some of those IMG residents? Email and ask if they will recommend some rotation sites

Miami is very desirable geography for some reason
Thanks a lot will look into some programs like that