Clinical Decision support on Mobile devices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chandini

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Doctors/residents here,
I was wondering if you use mobile devices having CDS while clinical rounds? If so is that a stand alone or integrated in EHR. Do you use any apps of CDS and how useful are they.
I appreciate your response.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if you use mobile devices having CDS while clinical rounds? If so is that a stand alone or integrated in EHR. Do you use any apps of CDS and how useful are they.

Thanks

I have Epocrates on my Blackberry, which comes in pretty useful.

Thanks

Just about everyone uses some CDS on their mobile. I have not seen any that are integrated into an EHR which would be nice since it is generally frowned upon if you are playing with your phone during rounds.

Among those that are useful:
Epocrates
Dynamed
Med Calc

Members don't see this ad :)
For the med students looking for help with differentials, my friend and I (Hopkins med students) are working on a web and mobile app that calculates a differential based on aggregate patient records and an individual's symptoms and demographics. Would be interested in your feedback on our diagnosis calculator.

For the med students looking for help with differentials, my friend and I (Hopkins med students) are working on a web and mobile app that calculates a differential based on aggregate patient records and an individual's symptoms and demographics. Would be interested in your feedback on our diagnosis calculator.
What does this offer over DXplain or Diagnausaurus (or w/e it is called)?