clinical experience while applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vincvega

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think schools will think that it is odd that you get the type of clinical experience they want while applying or right before interviews. i'm asking this because i've worked in a hospital pharmacy for the last two years, but have just recently been going on nutrition/infectious disease/grand rounds (observing) and have plans on being an ER scribe at another hospital soon. working as a pharm tech. you have some patient contact (ER,OR, admit). the rest of my app is OK (29, 3.89). i just don't know if they will buy it that i want to be a doctor and might think its fishy that i just started getting some more direct patient experience.

Members don't see this ad.

well, think of it this way. Some experience is better than no experience, and as long as you have something to talk about in the interview, you should be fine. Your GPA is solid, MCAT is on par with the rest of matriculants and assuming you have a couple more EC's along with the pharmacy job, you should be fine. Good luck.