S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted917327

I am

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your BCPM GPA from undergrad?

How many clinical volunteering hours do you have?

What sort of non-clinical volunteering, such as to those in underserved communities, do you have?

Do you have any shadowing opportunities lined up that will allow you to accumulate at least 25 hours before applying in June?

Also, when did you realize you want to become a physician? If it were years ago, what has taken you so long to start volunteering, shadowing, etc.?

I am a 25 year old clinical lab scientist working at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in the hematology lab. I do the differentials on your blood when you are admited into the hospital. I am taking the MCAT June 2nd 2018 and looking get my applications out there as soon as I get my score back.
A little about me:
- Graduated from Miami University in 2015
- Major Microbiology, Minor Neuroscience, Minor Genetics
- Cumulitive GPA 3.1
- Graduated from Rush Univeristy in 2017 in clinical lab science
- Cumulitive GPA 3.8
- Masters Thesis on antibiotic resistant superbugs
- Worked in the microbiology lab at Rush as a student
- Volunteer wrestling coach since 2015
- Volunteer at Lurie Children's Hospital in the oncology ward since 2017
- Medical mission trip to Peru in 2014
- Believe I have a really solid personal statement (can link on request)
- Have not shadowed a physician yet

I believe I can score 509-512 on the MCAT based on my practice tests so far.

Based on the short synopsis 1.) Do you think that schools will take much stock in my improvement in GPA from undergrad to grad school? 2.) Do you think my clinical experience working with patient specimens will be seen to my advantate? 3.) Do you have any pointers for things I am missing?

Thanks

Just wondering, are you not satisfied with your CLS job or you get that started so you can be competitive for medical school?
I'm asking because I'm deciding between CLS and PA right now

I am a 25 year old clinical lab scientist working at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in the hematology lab. I do the differentials on your blood when you are admited into the hospital. I am taking the MCAT June 2nd 2018 and looking get my applications out there as soon as I get my score back.
A little about me:
- Graduated from Miami University in 2015
- Major Microbiology, Minor Neuroscience, Minor Genetics
- Cumulitive GPA 3.1
- Graduated from Rush Univeristy in 2017 in clinical lab science
- Cumulitive GPA 3.8
- Masters Thesis on antibiotic resistant superbugs
- Worked in the microbiology lab at Rush as a student
- Volunteer wrestling coach since 2015
- Volunteer at Lurie Children's Hospital in the oncology ward since 2017
- Medical mission trip to Peru in 2014
- Believe I have a really solid personal statement (can link on request)
- Have not shadowed a physician yet

I believe I can score 509-512 on the MCAT based on my practice tests so far.

Based on the short synopsis 1.) Do you think that schools will take much stock in my improvement in GPA from undergrad to grad school? 2.) Do you think my clinical experience working with patient specimens will be seen to my advantate? 3.) Do you have any pointers for things I am missing?

Thanks
There are a number of MD schools (and all DO) that reward reinvention. You'll need a 513+ for the former; 505+ for the latter.