1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Clinical Observation hours question? Urgent!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by WayneWilliamsPT, Sep 26, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. WayneWilliamsPT

WayneWilliamsPT 2+ Year Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Before I switched to pre-med I had planned to go to physical therapy school and would like to if my observation hours ( over 300) there would count? Also I'm a MDA Camp Counselor that requires me to be the primary caregiver of a child with a neurodegenerative disease for a week, would this count as well?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. yankees527

yankees527 2+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2013
    By clinical observation hours i assume you mean shadowing.
    The PT shadowing would not count because its just not medicine.
    And i dont think the other thing would either.
    Just go shadow a doc or two for a day or two. Its quick, and youll rack up hours quick :)

4. SynapticDoctah

SynapticDoctah 2+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2013
    What do you mean by "would count?" If you are talking about meeting a requirement for a specific school, then probably not.

However, I would definitely list of these ECs on your applications; especially the second one.

5. polskasarav

polskasarav

Jul 20, 2016
    How do you find Physical Therapists to shadow? I don't know any physical therapists at the moment, but that is my biggest draw back in applying for the DPT program.