Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Clinical Observation hours question? Urgent!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by WayneWilliamsPT, 09.26.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. WayneWilliamsPT

WayneWilliamsPT 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Before I switched to pre-med I had planned to go to physical therapy school and would like to if my observation hours ( over 300) there would count? Also I'm a MDA Camp Counselor that requires me to be the primary caregiver of a child with a neurodegenerative disease for a week, would this count as well?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. yankees527

yankees527 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    By clinical observation hours i assume you mean shadowing.
    The PT shadowing would not count because its just not medicine.
    And i dont think the other thing would either.
    Just go shadow a doc or two for a day or two. Its quick, and youll rack up hours quick :)

4. SynapticDoctah

SynapticDoctah 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What do you mean by "would count?" If you are talking about meeting a requirement for a specific school, then probably not.

However, I would definitely list of these ECs on your applications; especially the second one.

5. polskasarav

polskasarav

Pre-Physical Therapy
    How do you find Physical Therapists to shadow? I don't know any physical therapists at the moment, but that is my biggest draw back in applying for the DPT program.

About the ads