deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
A clinical psychology doctoral program is asking to see ALL of my GRE scores taken within the past 5 years. I've taken the GRE three times. The results were as follows:

V-156
Q-150
AW-4.5

V-162
Q-147
AW-4

V-161
Q-158
AW-5

Obviously, I'd love to NOT send all of my scores to this particular school. I will be sending only my third score report to all schools who do not explicitly ask for all reports. There is no mention on the site of the admissions committees considering the highest scores received. Do you think this will hurt my application?

Also, a plug for Magoosh + a growth mindset + a refusal to indulge in negative self-talk...not to mention a complete understanding of HOW to approach the test (informed by good study materials) and the good fortune to have the financial resources to take this incredibly expensive exam multiple times as well as buy an incredibly expensive study guide. You are NOT your GRE scores.

Thank you all for your perspectives!
I think you just have to submit them and not worry about it too much. There is nothing you can do to change them.

Is the question "should I follow their directions during application?" Because yes. Whenever I discover someone not doing that I immediately boot them from consideration. I don't want to deal with that mess.

Maybe it will matter. Maybe it wont. Maybe one person cares, maybe another in the program doesnt care about GRE at all. Applications are frequently created by consensus but invitations to programs may be done entirely independently for those applying with a given faculty member. You can't and wont be able to know. So just send it in and focus on finding fit for who you are as a person/professional

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I don't think it'll hurt your chances. One of my schools asked for all my GRE scores. I took it twice, did average the first time and did much better the second time. If they pay attention to anything, it will likely be the change in scores from the first time you took it to the more recent time (which for you is quite positive).

Reactions: 1 user