Clinical research in Activities section categorization and other Qs

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
  1. Academic Administration
Refer to them as pts. It IS clinical exp.

I disagree. They are not patients, they are research participants. List it as research, in the description, mention that you do human subjects research. Don't "up-code" it to clinical. You have enough clinical as it is and if anyone wants to give you credit for clinical engagement, that's fine but you don't want to find someone who will ding you for calling something clinical when it does not involve patients receiving clinical CARE.

Reactions: 1 users

jhmmd

supernatural
Apr 28, 2020
desert highway
LizzyM said:
I disagree. They are not patients, they are research participants. List it as research, in the description, mention that you do human subjects research. Don't "up-code" it to clinical. You have enough clinical as it is and if anyone wants to give you credit for clinical engagement, that's fine but you don't want to find someone who will ding you for calling something clinical when it does not involve patients receiving clinical CARE.
I guess this is the safer option but you might want to reach out to the schools that you have in mind and ask them if that's what they consider clinical exp

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.