Clinical Research Opportunity at Boston Children's Hospital (Boston, MA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackeyedsusans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN! Longtime lurker on the nontrad forums, and posting this opportunity here over the other premed boards, because this corner tends to draw a more reasonable and (imo) deserving crowd. I currently work on a clinical research team at Boston Children's Hospital focusing on rare pediatric neuroimmunological disorders - multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica, transverse myelitis, autoimmune encephalitis, epilepsy, and others. One of our longtime coordinators, a foreign MD who opted for a research career upon moving to the States, is retiring, and my team is actively trying to hire a replacement to manage her portfolio of studies, most of which are on pediatric MS (a database, clinical trials, several targeted protocols).

I have been with this team for the past three years working on neuroimmune orphan diseases (primarily OMS and ROHHAD, which I don't expect anyone to be familiar with!) and can attest to it being a wonderful, supportive group of clinicians doing their best to improve treatment/management options for children with some fairly horrific diseases. The role itself involves a mixture of patient-facing research contact and typical research study management that can be done remotely - so, location in/relocation to Boston would be required, but most of us do a hybrid and the PIs are flexible as long as work gets done! Ideally, we're hoping to hire someone with 1-2 years of research experience or at least general familiarity with study protocols, working with the IRB, and the like, but other applicants will certainly be considered if the fit is right. I'm currently learning ~half the studies in this role on the fly, and I can attest none of them are difficult or require particularly specialized knowledge, just strong attention to detail and commitment to the patients we serve.

If you're reading this and interested in hearing more/applying, feel free to PM me or check out the link below (job ID = 58474BR). I seriously can't recommend this team enough.

Members don't see this ad.