Oct 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Status
I will be done with all of my pre-requisites by August 2011, and will be applying to medical school in the Fall of 2011 for Fall 2012 matriculation.

My dilemma is that I will have a whole year with technically not much to do. Thanks to my fiance, I have the opportunuty of possibly working at Yale doing clinical research. On the other hand, I can also complete a one year Master's in Nutrition.

Which option makes more sense? My fiance thinks that the year doing clinical research will be beneficial during residency, but I feel the MS in Nutrition will count more for me because I would like to incorporate nutrition into my practice in the future.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

jpagano

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
follow your passion, not what you think will look "good."

Besides, we need more physicians who are passionate about nutritional medicine--get after it! ;)

Sep 15, 2010
Status
I would do both. I was in a similar situation and started my masters while also doing clinical research. I haven't had much of a life the last year but it was worth it because I just started recieving interviews. Both will look good and improve your application...good luck