Clinical Rotation Requirement for Licensing????

sillygoose

15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
    I am a Ross medical student.

Does anyone know if any states in the USA require E.R. or Neurology rotations during medical school (for IMGs rotating in USA) in order to obtain a temporary or permanent license in that particular state????

I am aware that Texas requires 4 weeks of Neurology during medical school in order to obtain a medical license in that state.

SuperflyMD

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 21, 2000
      I am aware that Texas requires 4 weeks of Neurology during medical school in order to obtain a medical license in that state.

What sucks is that not every medical school in Texas even does this. The state board just requires it if you trained somewhere else.

One of my friends had to leave an IM residency and go out of state after he'd been there ~4 months.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.