clinical rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyzeus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to attend ross. I live in new england. The closest sites ross has from my home are 4 hours away. Does anyone know if it is possible to arrange core clinical on your own? What is the process? There are many hospitals in the Boston. I have a young family and I would like to see them sometime the next 4 years. I am more than willing to pay for this convenience.

Members don't see this ad.

Though I don't have much direct information, here's what I do know. It is possible to set up your own clinical rotations. It is not always encouraged, however. The only stipulation is that the hospital you want to rotate at should not already be affiliated with Ross in any way (d/t scheduling conflicts with the clinical office). I have not tried to set up my own rotations, but the people I've spoken to who did said it was pretty easy to accomplish: just find a teaching hospital you would like to rotate at, talk to the director of the clinical division for that field (medicine, surgery, etc), dress up in a nice outfit, and show up with your resume. Most of the time if they're moderately impressed with you, they'll accept you. The hospital also gets money every month you're there ($800 I think?). You also have to do paperwork to make it all official. Hope it helps. I know it isn't very inclusive.