Clinical Shadowing/Volunteering During COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imlosinit

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to get some advice regarding clinical hours/volunteering for my app. I currently work in a lab, but I am looking to maybe branch out and get some clinical hours as my time in the lab has been cut down due to COVID.
Are any doctors allowing students to shadow them during these times? Also, does volunteering at a hospital count as clinical hours?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No and yes. Most official hospitals are not allowing volunteers (strictly) and doctors are also unable to allow shadowing....most patients can't even have a family member in the room.

Try free clinics though, they seem to be in need.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Shadowing would be a no, but there are hospitals that are currently accepting volunteers - not sure where you are located OP but do your search!

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to get some advice regarding clinical hours/volunteering for my app. I currently work in a lab, but I am looking to maybe branch out and get some clinical hours as my time in the lab has been cut down due to COVID.
Are any doctors allowing students to shadow them during these times? Also, does volunteering at a hospital count as clinical hours?

Thanks!
Try scribing

• Love
Reactions: 1 user