USMLE/COMLEX Clinical Skills Review--Get a chance to win 1 of 3 Thirty Day Subscriptions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csrprep

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.clinicalskillsreview.net

As a part of Test Prep Week, Clinical Skills Review will be offering chances to win one of three 30 day subscriptions.

The CSR web based preparatory course for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) examination is simply the most comprehensive program of its kind.
• CSR offers an interactive experience to enhance the learning and preparedness of STEP2CS candidates.
• CSR offers a specialized learning environment that is aligned with the rules and regulations set forth by the USMLE. All of the encounters within this site have been written, evaluated, and performed by Board Certified Physicians.
• Each encounter is guaranteed to be a 100% accurate representation of each clinical state. Since our encounters are written and acted out by Board Certified Physicians, you are experiencing the highest quality in medical preparedness evaluation tools available on the Web today.
• Each encounter will be accompanied by a complete case write up, including disease history, origin of medical terms pertaining to each case, and industry recommended therapies.
• At CSR, we do not have a talking head reading from a script. Each encounter is portrayed in its entirety, as you will experience in the actual exam.
• We present exam encounters in a complete clinical setting.
• Our goal is to make your live exam as easy as we can within the guidelines of the USMLE.
• Our site contains valuable links, MNEUMONICS, and pearls of wisdom; all geared specifically to help you maximize your success in preparing for your exam

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How new is this course? From it's inception, how many students have you had, and what is the passing rate, for the first-time test takers, for your students after they have taken your course?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Bestmed. We have been live for a little over 90 days. Since that time we have had about 175 clients take our course. Of those only 4 have replied back to be that they passed. We are still in the process of collecting information about our clients. So to be fair we do not ask our students too many questions. I am sure that in time we will have metrics to post on our site. As with any course there will be those who do not have favorable outcomes on the exam.

Our site is a prep site and not an exam simulation so we have more information then you will actually have time for on the live exam. Our goal is to prepare students and remove the fear factor from the exam. I do make it a point to personally address all questions and forward them to the proper member of our staff.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We do have a compilation demo on our site so please check it out.

Thank you,

Ron

How many hours is the course? Is there any way to evaluate how much we learned from the course?

Is there any text that goes along with the course?

How many hours is the course? Is there any way to evaluate how much we learned from the course?

I want to echo this sentiment. I know there are 50 cases but how long does it take to get through each case? That would help in planning whether the 30, 60, or 90 day subscription is more appropriate. Thank you.

Ok, thanks for the info regarding your course. I will check out the demo.

Hello mddocs, agraruabnonk, and yellowumbrella,

The couse is set to go at your own pace. Each encounter is broken down to DD, PE, and Findings.

After the DD, and PE we have a monlogue that summarizes each portion. This is so if you need to spend more time on the PE, you do not have to sit through the DD each time.

There is text in the form of our typed out patient notes that are composed by the doctors. There is more information then you will need to actually compose on the live exam. This is so we can present the information for each case.

The way to evaluate your progress is to watch the encounters, do not look at the monologues, compose your note then compare it to the doctor note.

As far as the subscription length. Honestly we have not had one sign up for the 90 days. The 30 and 60 are the most popular in that order.

Our site is designed to let you watch and encounter DD, then leave and come back to where you left off. This was designed to allow the users to self pace. I have seen users go through all 50 in 3 days and some took it right to the end of their subscription.

We are also very flexible. For example one user who went through about 30 cases suddenly stopped. I found out he was stuck in rotations and could not get time to study, so I extended the subscription for the client.

It is important to me that our product prepare you for the exam and remove the uncertainty. We are not out to stump you...our goal is to help you prepare.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Ron

thanks for your response. I guess my question was, how long is the course designed to last (in hours), if a student were to go through it all. I understand you can tailor it to your needs, and repeat/skip parts as needed.

Agrarianmonk,

I apologize. Our course is designed to be completed in 55 hours. This is adequate time to view all phases of our encounters, compose your note, compare your note to the doctor note, and view the monologues.

The average time as designed is 1 hour per complete encounter.

I looked in our system and the average time live users spend on each encounter is 49 minutes.

Ron

Meissner Effect,

If you are enrolled in medical school in the USA or Canada you can register in year 3 at the earliest. If you are in medical school outside the USA or Canada you must have graduated before ECFMG testing as you need to provide your Diploma, Transcripts, LOA's, and other information to the ERAS department.

Ron

Agrarianmonk,

I apologize. Our course is designed to be completed in 55 hours. This is adequate time to view all phases of our encounters, compose your note, compare your note to the doctor note, and view the monologues.

The average time as designed is 1 hour per complete encounter.

I looked in our system and the average time live users spend on each encounter is 49 minutes.

Ron

Great thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for.

Are there handouts or reference pages to look up information on your own if you still would like a little more elaboration or do the videos pretty much encompass everything you need and more to make looking something up a fruitless effort?

I had no idea there was a commercial CS prep course. What percentage of your user base is American students at US schools? Is it mostly international medical graduates that are using your course?

MissPoh,

Our encounters and notes are sufficient enoughto help you prepare for your exam. Our course is designed to take the guesswork out of DD Methodology, P/E, and patient note generation.

I had no idea there was a commercial CS prep course. What percentage of your user base is American students at US schools? Is it mostly international medical graduates that are using your course?

As of today it is 60% IMG 30% US/Canada and 10% DO's and PA's

Are you doing anything in the near future to help increase your DO user representation, for example a Comlex PE course.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.