Closest US School to Alberta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leeuwenhoek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Although I am still waiting to hear from a few Canadaian schools and a couple of US schools, I wanted to start gearing up for the 2006 application cycle (just in case ;). I was wondering if someone would please tell me which US schools are closest to Alberta and accepts out of state students.

Thanks and good luck to those still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

Leeuwenhoek said:
Hey everyone,

Although I am still waiting to hear from a few Canadaian schools and a couple of US schools, I wanted to start gearing up for the 2006 application cycle (just in case ;). I was wondering if someone would please tell me which US schools are closest to Alberta and accepts out of state students.

Thanks and good luck to those still waiting.

hmm... i may be wrong, but I think UWashington doesn't accept many outta staters, neither does Minnesota, or colorado. This may sound really stupid, but I think the closest school to Alberta that accepts a lot of outta-staters is UPacific in San Fransisco!! :eek:

delicious said:
hmm... i may be wrong, but I think UWashington doesn't accept many outta staters, neither does Minnesota, or colorado. This may sound really stupid, but I think the closest school to Alberta that accepts a lot of outta-staters is UPacific in San Fransisco!! :eek:

Hey, thanks Delicious. So the only schools closest to Alberta is in California?!? Geez, that's still kinda far. I hope I get into a Canadian school. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
delicious said:

OHSU in Portland, OR is increasing its class size so they can accept more out of state students.

Where are you from? I lived in Calgary for a good 16 years before I moved out here to California.

Didn't feel like I would've been competitive enough to compete as a Canadian for US dental schools, so I moved here pre-undergrad so that I could apply as an in-stater.