1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

club officer speech

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by XRanger, Apr 16, 2007.

1. XRanger

XRanger Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I want to be a club officer for this one club and I have to give a 2-3 min speech, but I've never been a club officer before, so I don't know what I should talk about.

When you're running for board members, what do you guys usually talk about in your election speech?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't take yourself to seriosly. Joke around, and offer 2-3 great ideas you have for the club that you will really follow through with if they pick you.

4. karmega5

karmega5 MS2
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Totally agree with don't be too serious- seem personable, since people want an officer they can make suggestions to. Also, don't go with the "I'd make a good secretary because I'm reliable, organized, and mature" bit. So's every other pre-med. Go with:
    "hi I'm so and so. I've been a part of _____ for _____ years, and been involved in _______ activities with it. I'm running for ______ position and would like to see the organization more involved in such and such activities. One of my favorite things so far has been such and such, and I would like to expand on that by doing blah blah blah."
    Bonus points if you don't use the full time given.