Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

club officer speech

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by XRanger, Apr 16, 2007.

1. XRanger

XRanger Junior Member

Medical Student
    I want to be a club officer for this one club and I have to give a 2-3 min speech, but I've never been a club officer before, so I don't know what I should talk about.

When you're running for board members, what do you guys usually talk about in your election speech?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Don't take yourself to seriosly. Joke around, and offer 2-3 great ideas you have for the club that you will really follow through with if they pick you.

4. karmega5

karmega5 MS2

Medical Student
    Totally agree with don't be too serious- seem personable, since people want an officer they can make suggestions to. Also, don't go with the "I'd make a good secretary because I'm reliable, organized, and mature" bit. So's every other pre-med. Go with:
    "hi I'm so and so. I've been a part of _____ for _____ years, and been involved in _______ activities with it. I'm running for ______ position and would like to see the organization more involved in such and such activities. One of my favorite things so far has been such and such, and I would like to expand on that by doing blah blah blah."
    Bonus points if you don't use the full time given.