laceyee

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone! I'm a new member on SDN (longtime lurker tho) and have some questions about the process. I graduated in 2015 and plan on applying next cycle. I have about another two year gap, and I'm confused on what I can do during this time. Is there anyone in my situation? I don't want to just stick around at home, so please share any ideas or suggestions. Im really grateful for the help! :)

meurotic

Boom
2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2015
Illinois
Status
Medical Student
Become an EMT or a CNA so you can work full time as an ER/nurse-tech. Meanwhile find other ways to make your app more exciting. You can still do research. You don't have to be in school for that.

fawkes94

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I would say find some consistent volunteering that you can commit yourself to and that you like doing. Even 3 or 4 hours a week or every two week will be good over 2 years

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
SDN search function, gap year

will have lots of ideas

Aug 9, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm a new member on SDN (longtime lurker tho) and have some questions about the process. I graduated in 2015 and plan on applying next cycle. I have about another two year gap, and I'm confused on what I can do during this time. Is there anyone in my situation? I don't want to just stick around at home, so please share any ideas or suggestions. Im really grateful for the help! :)
I'm also a long time reader, first time poster! I mean literally, this is my first comment. I'm really just writing this because it said I wasn't verified to post before, so if your reading this, it works.