CMEs for Hospital Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnuxNole

Sweets Addict
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some CME money to kill, and wanted to use it to go to a CME conference. However, I've never done this before, and don't know the best way to search for conferences or what is legit/worth my time. I'm currently a hospitalist and ideally would like to go to a conference geared towards hospital medicine. Besides the SHM annual meeting, the only website good ole Google gives me is mdlinx.com, and I wasn't sure if this was reliable or not. Also, I was curious about those cruises, which sound awesome, but wanted to know if they were worth it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have some CME money to kill, and wanted to use it to go to a CME conference. However, I've never done this before, and don't know the best way to search for conferences or what is legit/worth my time. I'm currently a hospitalist and ideally would like to go to a conference geared towards hospital medicine. Besides the SHM annual meeting, the only website good ole Google gives me is mdlinx.com, and I wasn't sure if this was reliable or not. Also, I was curious about those cruises, which sound awesome, but wanted to know if they were worth it.

Thanks!
Worth it in what sense?

Are you looking for a vacation on your CME budget (while also scoring some sweet CME/MOC)? Then absolutely.

Are you looking to learn something useful to your career as a hospitalist? Then absolutely not.

The usefulness of CME is inversely proportional to the beauty/excitement of the location where it happens.

Reactions: 1 user