CMG's and negotiation - Do they generally bargain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angry Birds

Angry Troll
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering a job with a major CMG. I hate the idea of a CMG, but it's due to geographical desire. Considering the hospital is short-staffed, and I am also gonna be a nocturnist, I'm hoping to negotiate up on the hourly rate, especially since I don't NEED to be in this geographical area (and only WANT it). Do CMG's generally bargain?

I remember working at one hospital which was staffed by a CMG that paid the same hourly rate to everyone across the board, which is why I ask.

Members don't see this ad.

You can show your hand early and say "I'll work nights, but for this much (plus/minus travel)."
The worst they can say is no. You don't need them, they need you.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. They will say no b
I am considering a job with a major CMG. I hate the idea of a CMG, but it's due to geographical desire. Considering the hospital is short-staffed, and I am also gonna be a nocturnist, I'm hoping to negotiate up on the hourly rate, especially since I don't NEED to be in this geographical area (and only WANT it). Do CMG's generally bargain?

I remember working at one hospital which was staffed by a CMG that paid the same hourly rate to everyone across the board, which is why I ask.
yes they will negotiate. They will say no.. very few really mean it. As a nocturnist that in and of itself should be worth something.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Provided their applicant pool is shallow, they most definitely will.

Reactions: 1 user
Great, thanks for the input, everyone!