CNA professor letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterTrigger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I currently have a letter from a professor at a community college who taught my CNA class. There were 90 hours of in-class time and 45 hours of clinical rotations where she saw us interacting and working with patients. I was wondering if this professor would carry any weight with medical schools (she is a nurse with a masters), and whether she would count as a healthcare provider.

I am also wondering if there are any strict cutoffs regarding how many letters need to come from science professors (such as 2 mandatory letters from science professors).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think this would be a great letter, especially since she observed you working with patients. I also took a CNA course, but didn't ask for a letter because my teachers were different for clinical and in-class.

Some schools require at least 2 science letters, and many of them prefer to have at least 2, so I would try to get those as well.